Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kytty wrote:
COngrats my fellow Houstonian (though why you're a Pittsburgh Steeler fan is beyond me)!

First, I remember Warren Moon choking in the playoffs consistently as a kid. Sometimes at the hand of Joe Montana (the come-back kid) but they were never really good, though there were a few players for whatever reason stuck to me and I always noticed them when they went in different directions.

Second, the team left Houston.

Third, I took 4 years off from watching any football when I was first married and when I returned to it I was living in STEELER COUNTRY.

Fourth, the Steeler coaching staff and ownership is consistent in focus on hard work and tough football. Players I've gotten to know have been around for years. The stability contributes to there ability to win.

Fifth, honestly here...winning more than they lose...goes a long way to enjoying watching them play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Kevin, you are one of the few microbadgers who just don't need to paraflange!

I don't know what this means blush

but...thank you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
Kaffedrake wrote:
Kevin, you are one of the few microbadgers who just don't need to paraflange!
No, Kevin just paraflanges without having to be told to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
Kytty wrote:
COngrats my fellow Houstonian (though why you're a Pittsburgh Steeler fan is beyond me)!

First, I remember Warren Moon choking in the playoffs consistently as a kid. Sometimes at the hand of Joe Montana (the come-back kid) but they were never really good, though there were a few players for whatever reason stuck to me and I always noticed them when they went in different directions.

But in your heart, please tell me you're still an Oilers!

Warren Moon, Ernest Givens, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffires, Bruce Matthews... the early 90ties, good old times...

but continued... Steve McNair, Kevin Dyson, Frank Wycheck, Jevon Kearse, Eddie George, Craig Hentrich, Keith Bulluck, Bruce Matthews... more to remember in 2000...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody knew his name and his name was
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
drewdane wrote:
No, Kevin just paraflanges without having to be told to do so.

Kevin's badges just paraflange on their own without having to be told to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Thayne
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even when Kevin doesn't paraflange, he paraflanges.

It's one of those Chuck Norris-type things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Thayne
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
fehrmeister wrote:
I asked these questions of the last Geek of the Week, and now I'll ask you too:

Now that we're this far into the week, are there any questions or topics that you were hoping would come up that haven't been mentioned yet?

Actually, I would like a few game suggestions.

I'm looking for something that plays quickly, about 60 minutes or less, that is still a 'deep' or 'heavy' game. Can anyone make a list of games from heavy to medium-heavy that play that quickly.

I'm looking for a list where 7 Wonders would be either in the middle of bottom in weight.

Our Thursday game club keeps hitting times where people can stay for just one more hour and so far 7 Wonders is the only answer I've given though sometimes it's Dominion. I threw Santiago and Samurai in the box now too. Hmm, maybe Acquire could work.

Any thoughts?

I just played Alea Iacta Est the past weekend. It's a dice game with multiple point options happening at once. It was fun. It probably doesn't qualify as 'deep' or even medium, but the other items I thought of are already on your game list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erzengel wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
Kytty wrote:

But in your heart, please tell me you're still an Oilers!

Warren Moon, Ernest Givens, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffires, Bruce Matthews... the early 90ties, good old times...

but continued... Steve McNair, Kevin Dyson, Frank Wycheck, Jevon Kearse, Eddie George, Craig Hentrich, Keith Bulluck, Bruce Matthews... more to remember in 2000...

Not to forget - Frank Reich... oh wait... devil

Congratulations Kevin!

Apologies from Packerland for the last Superbowl. Oh wait. The congratulations are real but the apologies? Not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
Actually, I would like a few game suggestions.

I'm looking for something that plays quickly, about 60 minutes or less, that is still a 'deep' or 'heavy' game. Can anyone make a list of games from heavy to medium-heavy that play that quickly.

My favorite strategy games with some depth to them that play in under an hour are that you haven't rated are:
Yspahan: Plays in about 45 minutes. It presents some interesting decisions on how to use dice for various actions and definitely has some meat to it.
In the Shadow of the Emperor: Can take about an hour. Many different mechanics (including voting) combine for a compelling game where the games' main pieces age, and eventually die over time.
Mykerinos: A great, highly-replayable area majority game that plays in 45-60 minutes.

Ra, China, and Race For the Galaxy are also favorites of mine, but I see that you know about those already.

I'm interested to see the answer to your "Two truths and a lie"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:

Poll
Two Truths and a Lie:
1. I met my wife in Austria.
2. I delivered two of our six kids at home.
3. My favorite pass-time is bodysurfing.
      139 answers
Poll created by kevintlee

And the lie was #2.

Despite my love of board games among other things. The sound of huge waves crashing on a beach makes my mouth salivate and makes my body ache to be in the water.

Besides my youth, annually going to Galveston Beach in the gulf of Mexico, I have only had two other opportunities to be thrown around by the sea with waves twice my size.

Once in Greece while studying abroad, and where I met my wife, and a second time during our honeymoon in Mexico.

Even with it's infrequency I have never forgotten my favorite pass-time of bodysurfing. Though there might be something to the value of scarcity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the new Geek of the Week is....

Geek of the Week #318 - Steve Holden aka Fudgy or l10n0fjudah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.