Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this game on the way and I figured I'd go pick up what I need ahead of time. Does the box itself come with storage insert? If not I'd like to hear some other people's storage solutions so I can formulate a plan to the craft store for a bin or plastic baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
I have this game on the way and I figured I'd go pick up what I need ahead of time. Does the box itself come with storage insert? If not I'd like to hear some other people's storage solutions so I can formulate a plan to the craft store for a bin or plastic baggies.

No insert. I used baggies for each player color and the hexes. Elements, I just keep in the draw bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg H.
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
...is a set of steak knives. Third place is you're fired.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition, but I imagine 2nd is the same.

There's no insert... just a sturdy, empty box. It's basically a board, a bag of chits, tiles, and a ton of wooden components.

Get some baggies, and you should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have misremembered, but I think there is a pile of baggies in the box. Certainly I would not rush out and buy baggies until you open it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Tjäder
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I may have misremembered, but I think there is a pile of baggies in the box. Certainly I would not rush out and buy baggies until you open it.

My first edition copy came with a bunch of baggies, more than needed.

In my opinion baggies are enough to keep this game organized, just put the board in the box and then the baggies with the components on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a very complicated storage solution for this game that I will share with you.

I use ziplock bags.

There - the secret is out. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisyphean Gamestacker
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use bags, too, but there are several photos of storage systems from folks who prefer something a bit more substantial that you can refer to.

The most important thing is to count your wooden bits when the box arrives -- in the first edition, at least, the bits as originally packed (from the bit manufacturer I think) were sometimes a few cubes short. GMT was very good about helping people who had this problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Archer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pile one.

Ditto....

Use the ziplocks that came with it. I did get card sleeves though.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, that white piece of cardboard inside of the box, you're saying that is not an insert?!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Low
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmedhadzi wrote:
Wait, that white piece of cardboard inside of the box, you're saying that is not an insert?!!

I modified that thing into a cube tower, lool, and the punched out elements sheets do nicely as baffles within the tower, ... gives an added kick to the game with some Shogun-style combat when we want, instead of the purely deterministic battles, haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Douglas

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmb
I will offer another option. I purchased 3 sets of the ultrpro 50card deck boxes (2 clear plastic boxes per set) at roughly $1.50 apiece and one 100 card box for about a dollar. The cards go in the larger with sleeves and each color gets its own box. Set-up is simplified by lifting the lid of your chosen color and removing the pieces not needed for that particular # of players and placing them in the lid. Presto you have your elimnation spot seperate from your speciation pile. I still use the baggies for the tiles and the cloth bag for the chits but the board fits nicely on top of the added boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy definitely had an insert but I quickly learned that it's not worth the effort trying to use it. Use the ziplocks and you'll be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a picture, but I used a 6 section plano to sort colors for easy setup.

Then I sleeved cards. Kept chits in the linen bag.

Tiles are in Baggies to prevent bending or shifting during travel.

Let me know if you want me to post a picture.

plano is here...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Creative-Options-Small-Utility-Box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:

Then I sleeved cards.

Can I ask you what sleeves you used? I'm looking for perfect ones for this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:
SixtyWATZ wrote:

Then I sleeved cards.

Can I ask you what sleeves you used? I'm looking for perfect ones for this game...

They're the same size as magic: the gathering cards. So quality sleeves are easy to conme by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:
Let me know if you want me to post a picture.

Yes, thanks, it could be very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Archer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These fit perfectly:

http://maydaygames.com/gaming-accessories/card-sleeve/standa...

They also fit the Urbal Sprawl cards, which are the same size.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Von Batman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I see this forum hasn't been active much lately but I thought I'd resurrect this subject a bit. I ran across this forum post a while back when looking for a good storage solution before throwing in the towel on my hunt and went out to make my own laser cut insert.

You can check out more on this insert our blog:
http://thinkertinkermaker.us/2015/08/06/dominant-species-ins...

We're trying to get our own laser cutter so we can stop using the local maker space's machine which means we can then startup our own little game components company Thinker Tinker Maker LLC. We'll be doing a Kickstarter in the very near future to acquire the startup equipment and get some fellow gamers some new toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.