United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the co-designer, publisher and manufacturer for Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype.

The game has won the Mensa Mind Games competition and was nominated for Best Abstract by both GAMES Magazine and BGG's Gold Geek awards, plus good reviews from Tom Vassel, among others.

I'm sending a good number to Europe, as well as Australia and an online retailer says we're big in Japan. Or at least, he's sending a bunch over there. However, shipping and customs, not to mention differing certification standards (e.g., CE in Europe) are barriers.

I am trying to find an interested publisher to license the game for the European and other foreign (that is, non-U.S) markets but so far all of the ones I have queried say they don't publish abstracts. Who does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HUCH! & friends has done Kamisado and this year they have Talat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the big European publishers, there are HUCH! & friends and Gigamic. KOSMOS and Winning Moves have published a few abstracts too. Further there are some verry small publishers like intellego holzspiele, most of them focusing on wooden games.
Another international publisher of abstracts is Pin International.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should contact www.nestorgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Korneliussen
Norway
flag msg tools
Gigamic, Jactalea and SMART have good distribution channels for abstract games in Europe. In addition to being where you buy eurogames, they tend to have a presence in museum shops and the kind of toy stores that focus on the educational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.