$10.00
Sourisdudesert Sourisdudesert
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm Greg, founder of the website Board Game Arena (BGA).

On BGA you can play various modern board games, in Real-time, from your browser (no software installation).

EDIT: Turn-based is now also supported.

We develop games for free, and you can play there for free ("By Geeks, For Geeks").

Please feel free to ask questions and discuss here about BGA!

Today, the following games are available for play:

For core gamers:
Amyitis, Caylus, Expedition: Northwest Passage, Gear & Piston, Gosu, In the Year of the Dragon, Libertalia, Polis: Fight for the Hegemony, Puerto Rico, Race for the Galaxy, Seasons, Spyrium, Tash-Kalar, Through the Ages, Time Masters, Tournay, Troyes, Tzolk'in.

For regular players:
Elfenland, Florenza: The Card Game, Hawaii, K2, Kahuna, Lords of Xidit, Stone Age, Targi, Thermopyles, The Palaces of Carrara, Tobago, Tokaïdo, Twin Tin Bots, Quantum.

Casual games:
8 Masters' Revenge, Armadöra, Assyria, Battle Sheep, Can't Stop, Category 5 (6 nimmt!), Coloretto, Diam's, Dragonheart, Haggis, Hanabi, Injawara, Jaipur, Koryŏ, Liar's Dice (Perudo), Niagara, Takenoko, Saboteur, Sobek, The Boss, The Jelly Monster Lab.

Abstract games:
Backgammon, Checkers, Chess, Chinagold, Cinco, Colorpop, Gomoku, Gygès, Hearts, Hex, Hive, Machiavelli, Mancala (Kalah), Neutreeko, Pylos, Quarto, Quoridor, Reversi, Senet, Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype, United Square, Yahtzee.

Languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Chinese (traditional&simplified), Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish.

We are focusing on ergonomics: if you know how to play in real life, you know how to play on BGA with no learning.

I'm going to try to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Of course, feel free to ask questions or post suggestions here.

PS: English is not my mother tongue, sorry for spelling mistake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Board Game Arena - Official news channel
New in October 2011:

Amyitis is available for online play !

Thank you Cyril Demaegd and Ystari Games for giving us this opportunity to adapt this game online.

--

The BGA team will be in Essen on next week.
We have no booth but will be easy to recognize with black shirts with the BGA logo. Please feel free to say "hello" if you meet us !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to Günter Cornett and KOSMOS, Kahuna is now available on Board Game Arena.

Note: this online version is based on the last Tin Box Edition from Kosmos 2-players serie.

Enjoy !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanna say: Keep up the great work! Your's is the first site with non-abstracts that I felt like 'hey, I could actually play on here regularly'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mux uhu
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what I expect from such a website : a real user friendly atmosphere.

I don't want to criticise other sites, as it is hard work for them as well to bring games for free, but BGA feels right for me.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New: Board Game Arena is now available in German.

A big thank you to all players that help us to translate the service !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: Dragonheart, a game from Rüdiger Dorn, published by KOSMOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: Chinagold, a game from Günter Cornett (thank you Günter & Bambus Spieleverlag!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: In the Year of the Dragon, a game from Stefan Feld, published by alea (thank you Alea!).

New languages available: Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New games available these last 3 months:

Caylus, a game from William Attia by Ystari Games.

United Square, a game from Julien Selz by United Square.

Saboteur, a game from Fréderic Moyersoen by AMIGO Spiel + Freizeit GmbH.

Diam's, a game from Lionel Borg, by Les XII Singes.

New languages available: Polish, Chinese, Greek, Russian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: Seasons, a game from Régis Bonnessée, published by Libellud and illustrated by Xavier Gueniffey Durin.

New languages available: Dutch and Ukrainian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: Gyges, a game from Claude Leroy and published by Blue Orange (EU) and Gigamic.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New game available: Colorpop, a game from Lionel Borg published by Gigamic.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Today, BGA takes down Dominion.

Official BGA news release:

Quote:
"By gamers, for gamers"

As you know, we are taking down Dominion game from Board Game Arena today, to give way to the new official Dominion commercial adaptation.

We wish good luck to this new adaptation. At the same time, we'd like to take this opportunity to tell you this message: we won't change the guidelines of this service.

Why? Because we believe in real board games you can touch and enjoy with friends. You love and we love board games because it's a social activity. Despite all modern technologies available, you can never replace the possibilities of a real game around a table.

We design our adaptation as a tool to discover new games and to find opponents. We don't try to replace real games. This platform aims to promote board games, and to extend the game experience when no opponent is available for you in real life.

Our ambition remains one and the same: respecting players, respecting games, providing high quality adaptations with the utmost respect of the original board games, and be the leading platform for online board gaming.

This sounds crazy, as we are a very little team and didn't raise millions of $. But we have two important assets: our passion and your passion. Because we are passionate, we care about designing this service the way you wanted it to be, and invest more time than any money can buy. Because you are passionate, you help us more and more to make this service better and scale up the possibilities of this website.

Very soon, we'll propose new possibilities for you to contribute to make this service even better: a platform of the gamers, by the gamers and for the gamers.

http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!news?f=10&t=1956&s=By+gamers,...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to say that yours is the only site I feel comfortable playing with online. The interface is completely intuitive and I've had nothing but good experiences. Thanks for all your hard work putting this together!

PS: I know it's a heck of a lot more convoluted than the rest of the rest of the games on the site, but I would love, love, love a version of Agricola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok why, on Boardgame Arena, when you join a game someone else started and they leave, you are then left stuck with the game and if Iyou leave you get a bad rep?? This really annoys me about this site! I've got a bad reputation without ever doing anything wrong. Rant over...angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Greg,

This is abnormal: only the first player to abandon a game gets a reputation penalty. Don't hesitate to post on the Bug section in the forum with your table reference about this.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
New games available:

Takenoko, a game from Antoine Bauza (Matagot / Bombyx)

The Boss, a game from Alain Ollier (Blackrock Editions)

And two classics: Reversi and Hearts.

BGA is also now available in Swedish and Danish.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Pierre
msg tools
New games in 2013:

Cinco
Elfenland - Spiel des Jahres 1998
Expedition: Northwest Passage - Exclusive (released soon)
Gear & Piston - Exclusive (released soon)
Go-Moku - Classic
Jaipur
Libertalia - My favourite !
Neutreeko
Niagara - Spiel des Jahres 2005
Pylos
Quarto!
Quoridor
Senet - Classic
Thermopyles - 1 player only card game
Yahtzee - Classic. Yam's variant also available

Games removed in 2013: none
Available games as of July, 2013: 42
Upcoming game: Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
We have the great pleasure to announce that starting next Monday, you will be able to play on Board Game Arena in turn-based mode if you like, in addition to the existing real-time mode.

This is a very important step in the development on Board Game Arena, and we are very excited about it

We know that you have a lot of questions about this : What is this? Why having it on BGA? How does it work? Which games?
This is why we build the following Turn-based FAQ. Don't hesitate to post additional questions as comments, so we can add the answer to the FAQ.

But good news never come alone. A wonderful game publisher - Czech Games Edition (CGE) - accepted to sponsor this amazing new mode with an amazing new game : Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization by Vlaada Chvátil. "TTA" is one of the best board game ever, ranked #2 on BoardGameGeek - let's say a board game monument, and we are particularly proud to be able to propose it here.

To bring TTA on Board Game Arena, you just have to make sure that the CGE Facebook page reaches 1800 "likes" and I'm pretty sure that if you manage to push it over 2000 there will be more games from Czech Games Edition in the future! Let's go, go go!

Through the Ages on BoardGameGeek
Turn-based FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should also cross post this news on the TTA and CGE forums to give it more visibility and hopefully reach the Facebook goal (and surpass it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Board Game Arena - Turn based mode + Through the Ages
fardoche wrote:
I think you should also cross post this news on the TTA and CGE forums to give it more visibility and hopefully reach the Facebook goal (and surpass it).
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Awesome!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vicente
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, why implement a game that is already on another turn-based platform (boardgaming-online.com)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.