Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since several people joined the TCAT guild I thought I'd start this thread. It seems threads in the forums see more activity than in the guilds. Good idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit that I check my subscriptions WAY more than guild info. I think this is a good spot for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer The Society For Those Against The Use of Differently Colored Wooden Cubes...but I guess TCAT works as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm subscribed to the guild, so I get updates

Either works for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
I would prefer The Society For Those Against The Use of Differently Colored Wooden Cubes...but I guess TCAT works as well

Ha, nice Erik....would it be TSFTATUoDCWC for short?

Just in case anyone has not been to the TCAT guild, here's the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/1142

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm cool with either a forum or a guild. I'm more familiar with forums though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me!

I just joined the guild cause I didn't know it existed! AT all the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to show up at your clubhouse in my lederhosen and throw cubes at you Chad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
I'm going to show up at your clubhouse in my lederhosen and throw cubes at you Chad.

I've had that dream before, but you had Reiner Knizia with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

Ha Ha, but you'll have to get through Erik first.....I'll be using him as a meat shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Ha Ha, but you'll have to get through Erik first.....I'll be using him as a meat shield.

Who do you think is bringing the cubes?

I think the trick is to put up a MTG shield... I'll not throw anything that will devalue the pretties!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:
Works for me!

I just joined the guild cause I didn't know it existed! AT all the way!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we'll be able to have an TCAT gathering soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Who do you think is bringing the cubes?

I think the trick is to put up a MTG shield... I'll not throw anything that will devalue the pretties!

Ahhh, now you've revealed your weakness.....you'll be crushed by the TCAT! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That and we will be using Risk pieces as our weapon of choice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:

OOOHHH! I have the set with the metal pieces! We will make those ET pay...

Of course we will have to roll a gallon bucket full of dice first just to see if we can throw the figure. Then a couple more fists full of dice to pick a target.

Oh the hell with it, let's just throw the dice at them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:
DusterTIB wrote:

OOOHHH! I have the set with the metal pieces! We will make those ET pay...

Of course we will have to roll a gallon bucket full of dice first just to see if we can throw the figure. Then a couple more fists full of dice to pick a target.

Oh the hell with it, let's just throw the dice at them!

Oh the carnage.....it will be a glorious day for TCAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any TCAT members planning to be at the upcoming November MBGM? I'm planning to be there Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to get a few Ameritrash games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Any TCAT members planning to be at the upcoming November MBGM? I'm planning to be there Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to get a few Ameritrash games in.

I signed up for saturday. I wouldn't mind trying Talisman 4th Ed if anyone wanted to teach me how to play. I'd also still like to try Rallyman, and I'll bring my copy of Eminent Domain. I might throw in Chaostle too, but that box is so damn big shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

I signed up for saturday. I wouldn't mind trying Talisman 4th Ed if anyone wanted to teach me how to play. I'd also still like to try Rallyman, and I'll bring my copy of Eminent Domain. I might throw in Chaostle too, but that box is so damn big shake

I'd be down with Talisman 4th as well. I have the 3rd edition (with all the expansions) I could bring, if it doesn't trade in the current local math trade. Yes, bring Rallyman! I was planning to bring Eminent Domain also, good game. If you have room for Chaostle, you know I'd be in for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Bipf wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

I'd be down with Talisman 4th as well. I have the 3rd edition (with all the expansions) I could bring, if it doesn't trade in the current local math trade. Yes, bring Rallyman! I was planning to bring Eminent Domain also, good game. If you have room for Chaostle, you know I'd be in for that.

I usually tend to bring 40 lbs of games anyway, so I'll bring Chaostle as well. I'll just leave it in my car until anyone is up for playing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about what AT games to bring to the marathon and figured I'd throw out some names to see if there is any interest.

Fortress America w/expansion
Dragonlance (TSR)
The New Dungeon w/expansion (TSR)
Sword & Skull
Nexus Ops
Escape from Colditz
Sirocco (TSR)
Space Hulk 1st ed w/expansions
Warcraft: the boardgame w/expansion (wood pieces version)
Zombies w/a few expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody played Earth Reborn yet? I'm interested in it but don't think I have someone to devote the time to play with me (main gaming partner is the GF)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I might be up for some Zombies!!!, although the only time that I've played it, the game seemed to last a bit longer than it should have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:
Has anybody played Earth Reborn yet? I'm interested in it but don't think I have someone to devote the time to play with me (main gaming partner is the GF)...

I have a copy but haven't played it yet. It's listed in the current local math trade for the upcoming marathon. If it doesn't trade maybe we can meet up sometime, or it seems to be popular at the marathons so you could probably find someone to teach you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
I might be up for some Zombies!!!, although the only time that I've played it, the game seemed to last a bit longer than it should have.

It can run long at times, but tiles can be removed at the start to have the end tile come up sooner. Most of the games I've played the winner reaches the zombie kill total before anyone reaches the helipad, etc. I'll pack it for the marathon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [88] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.