Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
pekin2121 wrote:
Anyone buy any new games lately? I was at the Source today and had trouble deciding what to pick up so I left empty handed.

I got:

Ghost Stories
Lords of Waterdeep
Munchkin Quest
Survive (stronghold games edition)

Recently before that I had gotten:
Thunderstone Advance
Rex
Ogre Deluxe (1980s version w/standup cardboard counters, not minis)

Probably get Nightfall whenever I have the funds, as I like the ipad version

On order:
Cyclades: Hades
Space Alert (& expansion)

Edit: Okay, most of those a old games that are new to me, not new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Anyone buy any new games lately? I was at the Source today and had trouble deciding what to pick up so I left empty handed.

I got:

Ghost Stories
Lords of Waterdeep
Munchkin Quest
Survive (stronghold games edition)

Recently before that I had gotten:
Thunderstone Advance
Rex
Ogre Deluxe (1980s version w/standup cardboard counters, not minis)

Probably get Nightfall whenever I have the funds, as I like the ipad version

On order:
Cyclades: Hades
Space Alert (& expansion)

Edit: Okay, most of those a old games that are new to me, not new games.

Once again more games I'd like to play. I've always wanted to try Ogre. My newest if Flapjacks & Sasquatches 2nd edition from the Kickstarter. The new cards add a lot of excitement to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Survive as well. Nice fun simple game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone interested in meeting at FFGEC for gaming at Noon-ish Saturday (the 14th) or 6pm-ish Tuesday (the 17th)?

See my previous posts for games I've got recently, or I'm interested in trying out other people's games too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
A mini sale list (I can meet at Legion games or FFGEC most Tuesdays or Saturdays, or ship.. but offering it to the local forums anyway )

Magic Realm (2nd edition, unpunched): $100

High Frontier + expansion + 2 deluue canvas maps that also work as an expansion as they extend to the outermost planets (1 48x32, 1 36x24, got the smaller for when table space was an issue). The canvas maps are normally $120 and $70, though I got them during a half off sale.. so in all, I paid about $180): $110

Bios Megafauna: $35

Super Dungeon Explore Battle Foam Kit: $20. Not the game, a foam holder for all the minis:
http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Super-Dungeon-Explore-Foam...

Rallyman (played but nm), Rallyman Dirt (unpunched), and 4 extra cars (bought direct from the company in France): $65

Dungeon Run (played, nm): $25

Dragon Rampage (played, nm): $25

Nexus Ops (original avalon hill version, played, vg+): $40

Note #2: Also thinking of selling my Battlelore collection (I have 2 of the core game, and 1 each of the first 5 or so expansions, and a few promos, all English edition)

Paypal accepted for mail order or local pickup, paypal or cash for local pickup.

Edit: Added the SDE battle foam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt- would you sell the larger canvas High Frontier map seperately? If so, how much?

and I'm STRONGLY tempted to buy your Rallyman collection.

and I'm tempted by the ASL collection.

Damn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Jeff: Looks like someone beat you via geekmail to Rallyman.

About High Frontier: I'd sell the larger poster map if someone else was interested in the other items; but if I keep the game, I'd really want to keep that map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a chance to play the first 3 games of Risk: Legacy this weekend with some friends in KC (going to make it an annual game). Anyway, I think it's a cool concept and so far the games played quite quickly; the second game ended on the second turn. The winning conditions keep the game moving but I'm guessing as the game progresses they will become longer.

Just wondering if there was enough interest in anyone wanting to go in to buy a game? It doesn't seem fair for anyone to buy a game that wouldn't be played after 15 times. Then again I'm not sure I've played any games in my collection that many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You AT fans want THEME how about this for THEME!?!

Hey Flapjacks Fanatics, sharpen your axes, grab your boots and don't forget your gloves ('cause those blisters are nasty). Join us in celebrating the release of the 2nd ed. of Flapjacks & Sasquatches now with a Side of Bacon. We will be at The Source Comics and Games The Source Comics & Games Saturday April 21st from 7pm to 10pm. We will run a 3 round tournament for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP BACON BELT! Tell your friends, your frenemies, and your enemies. Crush them all to prove you are the IRON JACK!

No experience necessary, we will also run pick up games for any who want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bolog wrote:
You AT fans want THEME how about this for THEME!?!

Hey Flapjacks Fanatics, sharpen your axes, grab your boots and don't forget your gloves ('cause those blisters are nasty). Join us in celebrating the release of the 2nd ed. of Flapjacks & Sasquatches now with a Side of Bacon. We will be at The Source Comics and Games The Source Comics & Games Saturday April 21st from 7pm to 10pm. We will run a 3 round tournament for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP BACON BELT! Tell your friends, your frenemies, and your enemies. Crush them all to prove you are the IRON JACK!

No experience necessary, we will also run pick up games for any who want.

I was at the Source to see some of the FJ&S, everyone looked like they were having a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who wants to get their trash on Sat. 28th....Ameritrash that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Who wants to get their trash on Sat. 28th....Ameritrash that is.

We're (wife and I) planning to be at that Super Game Day thing with pizza. Definitely up for some death & destruction that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Chad: Well, if you and me join Wade and his wife there, there will be enough of an Ameritrash persence there to make it interesting

Re: Nightfall. Played it for the first time IRL (as opposed to ipad). I still like it, but it is really obvious that its all 'attack whoever seems like is winning'. 2 player wouldn't have that issue, and maybe 4 player teams would be best as well (though I'm still up for 'free for alls', the 'pick on the leader' syndrome seremed to bug some that I played with, one wanted to abort playing free for all and restart with teams)

Re: Space Alert. Awesome and unique game (until that Escape game that ripped it off completely comes out). Though you really do need to play somewhere where you are able to hear the audio cd; it wouldn't be the same reading index cards to time when new crises occur.

Also got Core Worlds, but we've already played that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Chad: Well, if you and me join Wade and his wife there, there will be enough of an Ameritrash persence there to make it interesting

Re: Nightfall. Played it for the first time IRL (as opposed to ipad). I still like it, but it is really obvious that its all 'attack whoever seems like is winning'. 2 player wouldn't have that issue, and maybe 4 player teams would be best as well (though I'm still up for 'free for alls', the 'pick on the leader' syndrome seremed to bug some that I played with, one wanted to abort playing free for all and restart with teams)

Re: Space Alert. Awesome and unique game (until that Escape game that ripped it off completely comes out). Though you really do need to play somewhere where you are able to hear the audio cd; it wouldn't be the same reading index cards to time when new crises occur.

Also got Core Worlds, but we've already played that

Shaun and Klay (he was at dungeon crawl day) have voted for FFGEC on Saturday. I think I'll plan to go there, since it's closer than the pizza event. You are welcome to join us or spread the TCAT love at the pizza event. I won't be there until 12:30pm or so.

Good points about Nightfall. I enjoy Space Alert too, I would play that anytime. I missed out on Core Worlds, so I need a make up game sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone interested in any of these games for Saturday? (I can meet either of the mentioned places). I'm free from around 10am-5:30pm.

4-6 hour games:
Mage Knight
Sid Meier's Civilization (FFG edition)
Space Empires 4x
Battlestar Galactica
Phantom League (w/ 'Mostly Harmless' revised rules)
History of the World (or History of the Samurai or 'A Brief History of the World')

2-3ish hours:

Super Dungeon Explore
Thunderstone Advance
Dune
Dinosaurs of the Lost World
Galaxy Trucker
Core Worlds
Nightfall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Anyone interested in any of these games for Saturday? (I can meet either of the mentioned places). I'm free from around 10am-5:30pm.

4-6 hour games:
Mage Knight
Sid Meier's Civilization (FFG edition)
Space Empires 4x
Battlestar Galactica
Phantom League (w/ 'Mostly Harmless' revised rules)
History of the World (or History of the Samurai or 'A Brief History of the World')

2-3ish hours:

Super Dungeon Explore
Thunderstone Advance
Dune
Dinosaurs of the Lost World
Galaxy Trucker
Core Worlds
Nightfall

I'd be up for trying Thunderstone Advance. I'll be at FFG with Chad and his buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
You win! That was my devious way to not have to make the decision myself on where I'm going Saturday (with Wade to the mermaid pizza place or to FFGEC) whistle

Anyhow, I'll bring Thunderstone Advance to FFGEC on Saturday. I can still of course bring any of the other games too if you, Chad, Klay, or anyone else wants.

What time are we meeting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
You win! That was my devious way to not have to make the decision myself on where I'm going Saturday (with Wade to the mermaid pizza place or to FFGEC) whistle

Anyhow, I'll bring Thunderstone Advance to FFGEC on Saturday. I can still of course bring any of the other games too if you, Chad, Klay, or anyone else wants.

What time are we meeting?

Cool. I'll be there at 12:30pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
This Saturday I am hosting a Heroscape and a Summoner Wars tournament on the same day down in Austin MN.

More Heroscape Tourney Info
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39194

More Summoner Wars Tourney Info
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?t=124...

Going to have prizes for everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:

What time are we meeting:

Cool. I'll be there at 12:30pm.

I'm planning to bring the following:

Days of Steam
Dragonlance
Castle Panic w/Wizard's Tower expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I also got 'Ascension' today (technically 'Storm of Souls'; its a stand-alone expansion). Hmm.. Seems to be good on deck building games now (having recently gotten Core Worlds, Nightfall, Ascension, and Thunderstone Advance)

I'll probably get another game by Vlaada-whats-his-name next, considering how much I like Galaxy Trucker, Space Alert, and Mage Knight... so I might get Dungeon Lords or Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
I also got 'Ascension' today (technically 'Storm of Souls'; its a stand-alone expansion). Hmm.. Seems to be good on deck building games now (having recently gotten Core Worlds, Nightfall, Ascension, and Thunderstone Advance)

I'll probably get another game by Vlaada-whats-his-name next, considering how much I like Galaxy Trucker, Space Alert, and Mage Knight... so I might get Dungeon Lords or Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization.

I'm thinking of selling Dungeon Lords, if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I might be interested in that Dungeon Lords. How much?

Oh, anyone need The expansion 'Isle of Dread' for Runebound? Have one with a sun bleached cover new, available in trade for a song. Or maybe a candy bar. Or some other unwanted game. Or best offer, even if the best offer is free... (I won one and have a duplicate now)

Other Runebound stuff available for a can of pop or candy bar (but not unwanted game, cause anything that would be traded for them can't be worth owning ): the spirit bound character deck (new) and the weapons of legend item & ally card expansion (new)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
I might be interested in that Dungeon Lords. How much?

Oh, anyone need The expansion 'Isle of Dread' for Runebound? Have one with a sun bleached cover new, available in trade for a song. Or maybe a candy bar. Or some other unwanted game. Or best offer, even if the best offer is free... (I won one and have a duplicate now)

Other Runebound stuff available for a can of pop or candy bar (but not unwanted game, cause anything that would be traded for them can't be worth owning ): the spirit bound character deck (new) and the weapons of legend item & ally card expansion (new)

I'd take Isle of Dread off your hands.

I was thinking $30 for Dungeon Lords.

What other Runebound stuff do you have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'll buy Dungeon Lords then

Keeping the rest of my Runebound stuff, I just have duplicates of those items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [91] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.