Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Bipf wrote:
I might be up for some Zombies!!!, although the only time that I've played it, the game seemed to last a bit longer than it should have.

It can run long at times, but tiles can be removed at the start to have the end tile come up sooner. Most of the games I've played the winner reaches the zombie kill total before anyone reaches the helipad, etc. I'll pack it for the marathon.

Cool! I've had my eye on Humans!!! too. One of these days I'll pick it up to see if it's any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Bipf wrote:
I might be up for some Zombies!!!, although the only time that I've played it, the game seemed to last a bit longer than it should have.

It can run long at times, but tiles can be removed at the start to have the end tile come up sooner. Most of the games I've played the winner reaches the zombie kill total before anyone reaches the helipad, etc. I'll pack it for the marathon.

Cool! I've had my eye on Humans!!! too. One of these days I'll pick it up to see if it's any good.

Yes, that's a good idea....pick it up so I can try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
DusterTIB wrote:
Has anybody played Earth Reborn yet? I'm interested in it but don't think I have someone to devote the time to play with me (main gaming partner is the GF)...

I have a copy but haven't played it yet. It's listed in the current local math trade for the upcoming marathon. If it doesn't trade maybe we can meet up sometime, or it seems to be popular at the marathons so you could probably find someone to teach you.

I've played it twice, once with a more basic set of rules, once with the full rules scenario. Once the players have the turns and icons down, the game moves along quicker than you'd expect. The problem is getting to that point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything exciting going on at FFGEC tomorrow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got plans to meet there with a friend for gaming from about 10:30 - 6:30. I make no guaranties as to excitement, but you're welcome to join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
wadenels wrote:
Anything exciting going on at FFGEC tomorrow?

I'll be bringing these games for FFGEC on Saturday around noon, we won't have time for them all, but...:

Dungeon & Dragons Conquest of Nerath
Small World Underground
Thunderstone Dragonspire
Starfarers of Catan

Got 3 people including me so far, anyone else is free to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Well, got a day off on Sunday, and the Vikings aren't playing, so anyone interested in playing anything at FFGEC in Roseville or Legion Games in Burnsville this Sunday (the 6th)? Anyone is of course welcome ^^.

(Yes, I'm going out to FFGEC today the 5th as well... Trying to enjoy what days off I got ^^).

Some Ameritrashy stuffs I have, and willing to teach, and I'd be up for:

Cutthroat Caverns
Dungeon! (the old 1978 one)
Cosmic Encounter (Fantasy Flight version)
Space Empires 4x
Nexus Ops
Risk 2210 A.D. (yes, I have the store-participation expansions)
Runebound
Chaos in the Old World
History of the World (Hasbro one. Technically with the original being from England it isn't Ameritrash, but....)
Star Trek: Fleet Captains
Star Trek TNG Deck Building Game
Blood Bowl Team Managers
Talisman (Fantasy Flight edition)
Elder Sign
Dungeonquest (Fantasy Flight edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Well, got a day off on Sunday, and the Vikings aren't playing, so anyone interested in playing anything at FFGEC in Roseville or Legion Games in Burnsville this Sunday (the 6th)? Anyone is of course welcome ^^.

(Yes, I'm going out to FFGEC today the 5th as well... Trying to enjoy what days off I got ^^).

Some Ameritrashy stuffs I have, and willing to teach, and I'd be up for:

Cutthroat Caverns
Dungeon! (the old 1978 one)
Cosmic Encounter (Fantasy Flight version)
Space Empires 4x
Nexus Ops
Risk 2210 A.D. (yes, I have the store-participation expansions)
Runebound
Chaos in the Old World
History of the World (Hasbro one. Technically with the original being from England it isn't Ameritrash, but....)
Star Trek: Fleet Captains
Star Trek TNG Deck Building Game
Blood Bowl Team Managers
Talisman (Fantasy Flight edition)
Elder Sign
Dungeonquest (Fantasy Flight edition)

Someday I want to meet up and try ST: Fleet Captains and TNG deck building, also BB Team Manager. Are you going to the marathon next weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
pekin2121 wrote:

Someday I want to meet up and try ST: Fleet Captains and TNG deck building, also BB Team Manager. Are you going to the marathon next weekend?

Sorry, not going to be at the marathon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have BB Team Manager. I'll try to learn it before MBGM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
I have BB Team Manager. I'll try to learn it before MBGM.

You will learn it before MBGM (using my Geek Force). devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:
Has anybody played Earth Reborn yet? I'm interested in it but don't think I have someone to devote the time to play with me (main gaming partner is the GF)...

Earth Reborn is a great great game. I love it. Couple people who I have played it with didn't really get into it as much as I did. I thought it was a really unique system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
November MBGM? (I'm sure it's already gone by, but..)What is it? Outside of THE SOURCE up in Falcon Heights I don't really get to many of the other places around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
November MBGM? (I'm sure it's already gone by, but..)What is it? Outside of THE SOURCE up in Falcon Heights I don't really get to many of the other places around here.

The MBGM (Minneapolis Board Game Marathon) is a monthly event held in Bloomington in a hotel conference room. Typically it is Saturday and Sunday, but occasionally it is longer; this months event (this weekend) was Thursday through Sunday.

The events are announced in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Gamers thread or you can ask user "binge gamer" Jeff K. to add you to his email list. You must email him to reserve a spot, as these events have become popular and there is a limited amount of space (I think he limits it to 68). Only $5 no matter if you attend one day or all days, so a good deal. People just show up and play whatever. Good times, I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Monthly? Good God that's hard core. Nice. Thanks for the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Monthly? Good God that's hard core. Nice. Thanks for the information.

Yes monthly, it's great. Though I only manage to get to one every few months unfortunately. They are typicaaly the second weekend of the month.

You may want to check out the Con of the North which is in February in St. Paul. Registration will be opening towards the end of the month.

http://www.conofthenorth.org/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W55mdfT3MU (If you pause the video at the 39 sec. mark you can see me on the right playing the classic Archon) cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't managed to make it to a MBGM yet, but I'm really hoping we can make the December one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So does Con of the North have specific boardgame sessions you sign up for or is it mainly a free for all in a big room for the boardgame part of the con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Tazwell wrote:
Games are scheduled and preregistration is recommended.
You may be able to get in on some open slots for games - and there usually are some games that don't fill-up.

I once ran some games there, but to get in their registration book the deadline is something like September of the previous year O_o.

There's usually a lot of Fantasy Flight Games events in the event book, and a random but somewhat sparse assortment of non-FFG ones.

Its very inexpensive for a con though; as both the entry is cheap and there's no additional fee to sign up for events.

However, I've yet to go to the MBGM monthly events (annoyingly, both that and the ASL club I go to are *both* the 2nd weekend each month.. Sorry, ASL wins for me, though I'd really like to go to both...)... How does MBGM compare to Con of the North for boardgaming? (Yes, theres a tiny dealers room and some non-b oardgaming events for Con of the North, but I always had gone there for the boardgaming and sometimes Midi-Maze)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
How does MBGM compare to Con of the North for boardgaming? (Yes, theres a tiny dealers room and some non-b oardgaming events for Con of the North, but I always had gone there for the boardgaming and sometimes Midi-Maze)

It's much smaller, generally around 60 or so people. And only $5 for the whole weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tazwell wrote:
Games are scheduled and preregistration is recommended.
You may be able to get in on some open slots for games - and there usually are some games that don't fill-up.

I agree with the preregistration. A group of BGG users is running an open gaming room this year, but I'm guessing you still have to sign up for time slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of openings coming up and wondering if anyone available to meet at FFG event center.

This Thursday 17th - maybe play a couple somewhat shorter games like Nexus Ops, Tomb, Zombies!!!, Sword & Skull

Saturday 26th - maybe get a longer game in like Fortress America, Dragonlance, Warhammer Quest, Space Hulk 1st ed., The New Dungeon w/expansion

Just some suggestions, of course I'm willing to play about anything.

Who's interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be game for Thursday, but I have to work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I teach on Thursday night and I am usually busy until first week of December. I have the itch to play though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'd be up for something on Saturday the 26th (I *think* I hasve off work, just need to double check). I'd be free until about 6pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [85] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.