Popular Tags: [View All]
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious question.

I am building a dice tower and the plans I downloaded were created specifically for the dice in this game. I am modifying the plans slightly but am curious about the dice size.

Are the dice in this game much larger than the standard dice found in most games? I am primarily building it based off the need for dice rolling for Defenders of the Realm.

The largest dice I have right now are for Biblios but you don't actually roll those.

Using Biblios and Defenders how do the dice in the Catan Card game compare?

Thanks,
E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should post the size of the dice you have, because other people who may post the Catan dice size may not have the other games you talk about.

From memory the Catan dice are about average, but that doesn't mean much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Altmann
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The edge length of the dice is 20 mm. They same size is used for both the Catan Card Game and the Rivals of Catan game. I own the German version, but I'm quite sure the dice from the English version are of the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I don't have the dice with me, but it is bigger than the catan board game. The first dice tower that I build from the one page dice tower is too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will measure the dice with my standard games. They all appear to be the "universal" size, whatever that it.

The tower I am building is linked below.

Thanks,
E

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/267423/miscellaneous-game-acc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Just measured the rivals dice 2cm also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.