Douglas Tsoi
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook specified that "A ship docked at New
Gaia Engineers is unaffected by the Plasma Cannon, Orbital
Teleporter, and Mind Control Helmet Alien Tech cards"

Can a player use the Chameleon Cloak card to remove the ship docked at New Gaia Engineers and replace with his/her own ship? Of course, the player must first use Plasma Cannon to remove the ship docked at Terraforming Station and dock one "6" ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the backers suggested that we reword that section of the rules to say that the ship docked at NGE is unaffected by Alien Tech cards. This would give it universal immunity.

Tory is reviewing the list of backer suggestions and we'll have a new PDF on KS when he decides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tsoi
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question regarding the New Gaia Engineers. Is the immunity also given to the ship docked at Terrforming Station?

For example, if a player docked one ship at TS and one ship at NGE, can the next player use Plasma Cannon to remove the ship docked at TS? If yes, where should this ship go? Maintenance Bay or stock directly? Or he should roll the ship when being removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the player would roll the ship when it got plasma cannoned. 1/2/3 it goes to stock, 4/5/6 it goes to maintenance bay.

Doing this however, means that the player would get to reuse the ship a full turn faster than normal. Perhaps that is a bonus of the NGE insurance policy. "insurance pays extra dividend in case of war or terrorist actions"

I'll ask Tory to come here and comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.