Subject: Disappointed Shipment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never ever be so angry and disappointed about GMT shipment like this time. My P500 order with 3 copies has not arrived yet! I have emailed the office but the answer is still unclear the arrival date. What can I do?
angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
Du Quoin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you use the Chat Box on the website to talk to the office ladies live? That is the best option for dealing with the problem and they will be very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Duck. As you are about to get an earful from GMT supporters.
But seriously, stay in touch with GMT they will fix you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lottysnake wrote:
I have emailed the office but the answer is still unclear the arrival date.

Still unclear? Is that because it was shipped and is somewhere in transit, and they cannot confirm a delivery date - or because it has not yet been shipped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He said it was a P500 order for three copies. I think it was released to subscribers and retailers in July. I would think it would have arrived by now if the purchase itself was otherwise in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
He said it was a P500 order for three copies. I think it was released to subscribers and retailers in July. I would think it would have arrived by now if the purchase itself was otherwise in order.

I have placed P500 pre-order for myself and two of my friends. i chose the slow shipping option since it is very expensive for shipping to Asia. The office lady has replied me twice through email, told me that the games woule be arrived on or before 11 Oct by re-shippment. I emailed twice on 12 & 13 Oct again and no-one replied till now.

Is the situation common for other pre-order subscribtors of GMT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lottysnake wrote:

It's common to get very good service from GMT. Most of us don't have to deal with shipping to China, though, so we don't have experience with your situation. As others have suggested, the chat option on the GMT website is the quickest and most effective way to get help. (You'll need to do that during office hours in the USA's Pacific time zone, of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lottysnake wrote:
BradyLS wrote:

I have placed P500 pre-order for myself and two of my friends. i chose the slow shipping option since it is very expensive for shipping to Asia. The office lady has replied me twice through email, told me that the games woule be arrived on or before 11 Oct by re-shippment. I emailed twice on 12 & 13 Oct again and no-one replied till now.

It sounds as if they have shipped it out, but it is delayed in the US/International mail and/or perhaps customs. Chatting with them live as mentioned above might help you get more information faster, but it seems that GMT shipped it out and now you are unfortunately at the mercy of the postal service on one side of the world or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reply received. GMT has sent me the games the 3rd time. Hope those will safely be got into my hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
Du Quoin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
lottysnake wrote:
Reply received. GMT has sent me the games the 3rd time. Hope those will safely be got into my hands.

We hope so too. I also hope you are appreciative of the fact that by sending the games a third time, GMT is taking a loss by giving you such good customer service. If those packages cannot be tracked, GMT will be out the price of those games and shipping costs. Hopefully they can square it with the shipper as it seems to be either their fault or the fault of customs or something like that somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what had happened! The CC expansions are still missing. The orders of 4X Empires, No Retreat, Sekigahara are missing too. I have checked the track number given by GMT in USPS, but nothing could been found. I have checked my address in GMT webpage. Everything is right. I have ordered GMT games for years but it seems helpless even with the assistance of GMT's office lady. What could I do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
lottysnake wrote:
The CC;P expansions are still missing. The orders of 4X Empires, No Retreat, Sekigahara are missing too.

You are expecting 1 week delivery time? Did GMT indicate these were shipped via air? I wouldn't be surprised that these were shipped ground and might take somewhere between 2~4 weeks to arrive. (I am basing that on my experience with shipments of games from Europe to the US, so expecting that US to Asia is similar.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3 copies are finally arrived today. Thanks for the help of GMT office lady, Ms Antantte's great help for following up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.