United States
Brodhead
WI
flag msg tools
Rule #2 - The Double Tap
badge
Braaaaiiiiinnnnnnssssss
mbmbmbmbmb
A situation came up on Sunday that has never come up for us before.

A valid play during your turn is to discard your entire hand into the discard pile and then draw all new cards from the draw pile.

There is a card effect that allows a player to draw cards from both the draw pile AND the discard pile.

What came up was my better half, with this card effect in play, wanted to discard her hand in a certain order, so she could draw back the 2 cards she wanted to keep from the discard pile, then draw the rest of the cards from the draw pile.

What are your thoughts? A valid play? Or should we shuffle the discard pile after her discard but before she draws?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Van

Colorado
msg tools
We play that the person discarding can put them in any order they want. This may help the person with the effect card, but often works against them when someone else has to discard their entire hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brodhead
WI
flag msg tools
Rule #2 - The Double Tap
badge
Braaaaiiiiinnnnnnssssss
mbmbmbmbmb
We figured as much.

I was thinking that there are no restrictions any other time when discarding, so I just chalked it up to a bonus due to the effect of being able to draw from the discard pile.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.