Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was I dreaming, or did I see someone post a picture of a sample page of either an idea or a custom home brew expansion that included different monuments? I remember the colossus being one....

I tried to find it again and I can't find it. anyone else having the same hallucinations as me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam - That was me, but an earlier version and partial sample (Monuments only) of where the expansion is now. Since then the designer (Matt Leacock) and publisher are considering using it in an official expansion. Given that it was an earlier and incomplete sample, and that it may yet still undergo more changes than where it stands today if it is officially released, I decided best to wait till something more can be posted later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Adam - That was me, but an earlier version and partial sample (Monuments only) of where the expansion is now. Since then the designer (Matt Leacock) and publisher are considering using it in an official expansion. Given that it was an earlier and incomplete sample, and that it may yet still undergo more changes than where it stands today if it is officially released, I decided best to wait till something more can be posted later.
Cool! It'd be neat if this turned out to be a series of expansions for the game, getting to the Internet Age and beyond! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bryan for the update
The ideas for expansions has been brought up a few times (here's my old post from 2009)I figure at the basic end, expansions for this should be able to be done fairly easily with new monuments and new civilation powers.

Question on that though - what would people want to see other than new momuments and powers? Or would that be enough? (for the record - it is for me!)

How about a multistage momument to represent the spacestation? All players have to collaborate to complete it. Probably be in the "space/modern age" expansion.

Looking forward to see what Matt adds to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaise Cédric
France
Claye Souilly
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

http://www.jedisjeux.net/roll-through-the-ages?game_id=2367&...

You can find here goodies for the game : a boardgame, development cards, a new expansion for the game and more...
It's in French and in english too (maybe the expansion is not in english, but if you want it...)

Normaly, we'll do 3 others expansions for the game in 2012 ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the Iron Age expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Dallas
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N/A

I'm currently deciding whether I should purchase this game, and found this image whilst searching the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an unofficial expansion done by another BGG'er. I played it last week and a few times and it was kind of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers,
I had to correct a minor spelling mistake and re-upload the image. Unfortunately BGG does not allow to modify images once uploaded so that the new version has a new file ID.
You can find it here:

Furthermore I have uploaded a PDF version (for higher quality printing) in the files section, but that might take a while longer until it has passed the submission process.

EDIT: the PDF got approved and is available here:
www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84886

All the best and enjoy the Ancient Empires,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Can't wait to try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Vidal
France
Saint Cyr sur loire
flag msg tools
Well, that's some necro posting... But does anyone knows how does Michael Groll's version mix with the late Bronze age ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard on The State of Games podcast that a Kickstarter campaign is starting next week for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
KS-mania strikes again, why do they need Kickstarter for expansion that's just paper, come on.

Ok, seems like it's actually whole new game, but still why are they Kickstarting games like this that are actually good and low risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.