Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised his hasnt been posted here yet - seems like every game on the geek has the obligatory "Does it play well with only two players?" Thread.

So? Thoughts? =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ender's review, he says it plays well with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played three times, and only two of those were two-player games, but I felt it played very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played most of my games with 2 and it does work well. The game is largely unchanged between player counts as well.

The main noticable difference is that, in a larger game, a price can be tanked between your turns much more than with the 2 player game. It makes a small difference to how much you can plan but the variable number of breweries means that it isn't too significant in most turns. The magistrate is also less useful at 2 players but that's quite minor when you have so much to build already.

For a game about selling goods I was surprised that it really is a strong two player game without sacrificing any of the feel of the larger game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.