Hide
2 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europa 1912» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mega Europe: Initial Tickets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob D
msg tools
I am puzzled by the Mega Europe rules for selecting the initial tickets. My understanding of the rules is:

Each player is dealt two long routes, of which he must immediately discard one or two. THEN, each player is dealt five other tickets. He must keep at least three tickets in total.

To me, deciding for or against a long route with no other information to go by makes little sense. I would expect:

Each player is dealt two long routes and five other tickets, of which he must keep at least three, with the additional condition that he cannot keep both long routes.

Do you know the reasoning behind the actual rules as opposed to my expectation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. The rule as presented is nonsensical. Seeing two long routes with no other context will always be the same decision, and you could just rank the cards from best to worst to decide automatically. If you look at the long and short tickets simultaneously, it's a more interesting decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.