Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now the greatest ever board game event of the year is over and all the 4 days went by super fast.
Thank you all who we met, who helped to store games, who helped with large empty game boxes and who took time to plazy some games with me and Agnes.
I will post pictures and stuff, but it must wait at least 4-5 days when I reach home.

But, since I do not buy anymore more games from Germany (propably) I can make a full list of my purchases and pick ups and others.
Here we go:

1. Khet 2.0
2. Evo
3. Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia
4. Mammut
5. Kingdom Builder plus Kingdom Builder: Capitol
6. Leonardo
7. Flash Point: Fire Rescue (2 copies) plus Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Urban Structures (2 copies)
8. Caveman
9. Eragra: The Game of Eras and the First Step
10. 1001 Karawane
11. Dominion: Hinterlands plus Dominion: Governor Promo Card
12. Dschunke
13. Berserk: Tactical Card Game – War of Realms
14. Krone & Schwert
15. Fiji
16. GOSU
17. Zombiaki
18. Friday
19. The Resistance (2 copies) with new event cards
20. Haggis (2 copies)
21. Eaten by Zombies! plus Eaten By Zombies!: We Have the Bomb! Promo plus T-shirt
22. Draco & Co
23. Ticket to Ride: The Dice Expansion
24. Nightfall: Blood Country plus Nightfall: Zombie Horde Promo plus Nightfall: "Shadow Seven" Promo plus Nightfall: Lisaveta Florescu
25. Mord im Arosa
26. Terra Evolution
27. O Zoo le Mio
28. Lungarno
29. Thunderstone: Heart of Doom plus Thunderstone: For the Dwarf Promo plus Thunderstone: Werewolf Promo Pack plus Thunderstone: Blade Trap Promo plus Thunderstone: Death Sentinel Promo
30. Clash of the Gladiators
31. Galactic Destiny
32. Quarriors!
33. Mountaineering
34. Utopia
35. Van Helsing
36. 7 Wonders: Leaders plus 7 Wonders: Catan
37. Fresco
38. Age of Mythology: The Boardgame
39. Barbarossa
40. Caligula
41. Bushido: Der Weg des Kriegers plus Bushido: Tanin the Stranger
42. The Circle
43. Cannes: Stars, Scripts and Screens
44. Ascension: Storm of Souls plus Ascension: Theme Pack – Rat King plus Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Vedah, Sage of Swords Promo plus Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Pathwarden Promo plus Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Deep Drone Promo plus Ascension: Return of the Fallen – Kythis, the Gatekeeper Promo plus Ascension: Return of the Fallen – Kythis, the Gatekeeper Promo plus Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Journeyman Sage Promo
45. Soul Hunters
46. Modern Society
47. Inquisitio plus T-shirt
48. Wolsung: The Boardgame
49. Rice Wars
50. Speedway Champion
51. Klondike 1896 (do not found this entry in BGG, if anyone knows, let me know)
52. Mare Balticum
53. King's Vineyard
54. UR
55. Enuk
56. The Witcher: The Adventure Card Game
57. Space Bastards plus copy for NateStraight
58. Silk Road
59. 51st State
60. Basilica
61. Owner's Choice
62. Pirates 2 ed.: Governor's Daughter
63. Sword & Skull
64. Rocketville
65. WarCraft: The Board Game Expansion Set
66. Anasazi
67. Deukalion
68. Hera and Zeus
69. Rette sich, wer kann!
70. Gone Fishing!
71. Drum Roll: Plate Spinner plus few unkown promos/games yet to determine

So, including all stuff, Essen 2011 gave me 96 new "games owned" entires, including all the stuff.

Thank you Germany, all the designers who signed games for me and Agnes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow. what do you do for a living?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A good chunk of his list is either promo giveaway stuff, or average to below average games that weren't highly thought of and are now priced low to liquidate, such as Rocketville and Sword & Skull.

Don't get me wrong, there are some quality games in the list that he picked up, but it's not quite the superb haul it appears to be.

Raiko doesn't just play games, he collects them. I get the impression he's just happy to have the assortment he does, considering many of them would take 3X-5X their value, just to import.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
A good chunk of his list is either promo giveaway stuff, or average to below average games that weren't highly thought of and are now priced low to liquidate

Even figuring conservatively, I see about $1400 worth of product there.

Not anything to sneeze at.

I mean, I know I have a crappy job, but still...you gotta admit thats a lot of games to acquire in a 3-4 day period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:

57. Space Bastards plus copy for NateStraight

Yay! Thanks again. I'm glad to see you picked up a copy for yourself, too... I think it's going to be a real sleeper hit of the convention. Hoping it sees a larger publisher pick it up.

hskrfn822 wrote:
A good chunk of his list is either promo giveaway stuff, or average to below average games that weren't highly thought of and are now priced low to liquidate, such as Rocketville and Sword & Skull.

Don't get me wrong, there are some quality games in the list that he picked up, but it's not quite the superb haul it appears to be.

Raiko doesn't just play games, he collects them.

Or Raiko just isn't a sheep following the crowd, and instead buys/plays the games he finds interesting rather than what the hotness / rankings suggest are the "best" games.

Frankly, it's refreshing to see older, unloved games being bought at a big con. It's most of what I plan to pick up at BGG.con in November; there are for more older games than new that interest me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:

Raiko doesn't just play games, he collects them. I get the impression he's just happy to have the assortment he does, considering many of them would take 3X-5X their value, just to import.

Well, why should I buy games I alreadz have? I got most "new" games alreadzy and ones I didn't reached my post office while I was in Essen, so that is why there is no "hot" titles in there. I have no intention of buying Mage Kinght (played, pretty dry) and some other hot stuff, because they are pointless high priced games and the price does not equal the game you get. Will buy them next year, when they ask normal price for games.
Total cost was about 800 euros plus shipping to Estonia, which was 126 euros. And the actual weight accoring to DHL was 83.2 not the one I mentioned earlier.

I actually do like games I have not hear much of. Designers there were more friendlier and more excited, also the unknow publisher were also friendlier and warmer. The "big" publishers and names were cold arrogant on most part, really cold to the customer, so I didn't even had the mission feeling to help with buying a game. Some games I bought because small publishers had few copies of their games left and didn't want to send them back to Finland, Poland or other countries with high taxes.

I'm very happy with my Essen 2011.

To the question about my work - I#m project manager in construstion company. I earn about 800 euros month (which is high in Estonia). I just saved a long time, no more.
PS! To all Germans - no need to complain about your prices. You get stuff for almost free and earn 7 times more...I see it as supeb and cheap.
Imagine you getting one shoe for 50 euros or one card game for 25 euros...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:

To the question about my work - I'm project manager in construction company. I earn about 800 euros month (which is high in Estonia). I just saved a long time, no more.
PS! To all Germans - no need to complain about your prices. You get stuff for almost free and earn 7 times more...I see it as supeb and cheap.

Wow - and I always thought you'd earn waaay more than me, for example. If you just saved all you could to buy more games - that's very impressive!thumbsup

I'm happy that you've had a great time and a safe trip back home, you and Agnes! It was a pleasure to meet you there.

Too bad we didn't have more time to talk. Next year, maybe? Would be cool, though I can't tell if I can make it then (at least not now).

Enjoy those new finds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to have met you both! Too bad I forgot to get my own camera at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
hskrfn822 wrote:

Well, why should I buy games I alreadz have? I got most "new" games alreadzy and ones I didn't reached my post office while I was in Essen, so that is why there is no "hot" titles in there. I have no intention of buying Mage Kinght (played, pretty dry) and some other hot stuff, because they are pointless high priced games and the price does not equal the game you get. Will buy them next year, when they ask normal price for games.
Total cost was about 800 euros plus shipping to Estonia, which was 126 euros. And the actual weight accoring to DHL was 83.2 not the one I mentioned earlier.

I actually do like games I have not hear much of. Designers there were more friendlier and more excited, also the unknow publisher were also friendlier and warmer. The "big" publishers and names were cold arrogant on most part, really cold to the customer, so I didn't even had the mission feeling to help with buying a game. Some games I bought because small publishers had few copies of their games left and didn't want to send them back to Finland, Poland or other countries with high taxes.

To the question about my work - I#m project manager in construstion company. I earn about 800 euros month (which is high in Estonia). I just saved a long time, no more.

agnes must be rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... just wow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
binraix wrote:
hskrfn822 wrote:

agnes must be rich

One day maybe, but now she is college student!

When Estonian wants to buy something, you start saving early on. For example average Canon EOS 1000 series camera is 1,2 average months salary. Not easy to get, but somehoe people manage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is a very long list...
How did you manage to transport all those games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnes A.
Estonia
Keila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
binraix wrote:
hskrfn822 wrote:

agnes must be rich

Of course I am - I have great family, fiancee who loves me, cute cat...
But if talk about money then I am also quite frugal. I get job for summers. I keep that money for my schooltime to have money for transport and for my personal stuff, so I don`t have to ask from Raiko always. Also my parents (they earn together about 1000euros) support me little bit and also granny when I am visiting her in Saaremaa. And I got potatoes, pickles, applejuice, apples from my mom and dad.
When I want new clothes I don`t go to the most expensive store. I use a lot second hand shops.
But I like this way - I don`t need much money to be happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
That is a very long list...
How did you manage to transport all those games?

DHL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, Raiko. I am very impressed. I can't really afford to go to Essen, but if I win the lottery then I will take you and Agnes out for dinner at Essen 2012!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wife
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
Well done, Raiko. I am very impressed. I can't really afford to go to Essen, but if I win the lottery then I will take you and Agnes out for dinner at Essen 2012!

I'd better be invited too! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why am I not surprised that my fellow Americans don't fully grasp the power of saving?

Also, nice haul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
casperthegoth wrote:
Why am I not surprised that my fellow Americans don't fully grasp the power of saving?

What is this saving you speak of?

Are you talking about how you save money by getting a larger credit limit on your credit card? whistle

Now I so want to vacation to Estonia and bring lots of board games for gifts.

Does anyone remember that commercial where it talked about how in Prague you could trade Levis Jeans for a car? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG4MKtgeFyc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.