Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wanting to update the cards in the game to reflect the correct usage of the special cards. Dismissed printing a new set but settled on just sleeving the whole deck and sliding in proxies for the cards that need updating.

My question is this - would it impact the game negatively to have double sided cards for the 3X, 4 in 1, and Branch line cards? Since these are must play immediately after you pick them up, it seems better to keep them double sided (instead of the SFR back) to better keep track of them. What you are drawing is not secret when these cards are involved. But I wasn't sure if it was still better to keep the same as the other cards for any practical purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Our fix was to sleeve the cards you had to discard to make them stand out, but you've sleeved everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Our fix was to sleeve the cards you had to discard to make them stand out, but you've sleeved everything

Had an extra pack of miscut sleeves that worked perfect for this game. I guess that was a way to go to but I would hate having a mix of sleeved and unsleeved.

So I take it this is a vote for allowing double-sided cards?

My bigger concern was if I should use a generic Branch Line back to keep it less obvious or go ahead and print which Branch Line it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Double-sided should be fine. As you said, taking them is no secret, and you must play them immediately. We just leave them face-up in front of us when drawn anyway.

A custom back for the Branch Lines might be nice only to make it clear when they are spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.