Subject: Any more Intel on the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
To the beautiful and the wise the mirror always lies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know what the price point will be on the game and minis? I am excited about this game, but I hope that the minis are somewhat more inexpensive than Wings of War. I know it is a pipe dream, but to recreate realistic Napoleonic naval combat, you really need a goodly number of ships. The game will not work well if it is conceived as WOW, i.e. with just a couple ships on the table. Also, I wonder how the different ships will be handled. Will it be a case of generic ships with one per class or will the ships themselves be unique? So many questions, so much time.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO the game works well also with a couple of ships per side - single ships and frigate actions were frequent, there were not just huge sea battles.

The ships will be unique - each model will depict a precise ship. In the game, there of course will be several ships made with the same mould if they are from the same class or any way very similar. For example you could see "Commerce de Bordeaux", "Fougueux", "Aquilon" and "HMS Impétueux" made from the same mould, to make an example (that I am just inventing right now, do not expecty to see that in Ares' catalogue).
But no generic "French second rate" or "64 guns" ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of anyway of replying to this post without sounding like a rabid gamer. So - Oh Cool, Oh Cool, Oh Cool!
When, oh when, are we going to see production of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
To the beautiful and the wise the mirror always lies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response Andrea! Highly informative as usual. I take it that the ships will be in the same price range as WOW? Regardless, this is a game I must have, so bring it on!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Beat to quarters!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think the same price range.
And when? First half of 2012. I really hope so. Previews before that. A discussion group is there:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SailsofGlory/
But not so much to discuss yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Cardozo
United States
Merion Station
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hope of the Largest ship of the era, Santisima Trinidad, making it in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it could. Not very soon, we will start with classes of ships that can give several different vessels from the same model - but Santísima Trinidad is among the ones we have evalued in tests and that could be an interesting "off series" subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Hi Andrea,

Very excited about this title, just saw it today. Will it be able to handle large numbers of ships well, or is it really more for smaller skirmishes?

What new rules and improvements to the WoW system are being considered?

I look forward to learning more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to work well with fleets too. Especially with several players in each time.
Soon we will speak of game mechanics on the site of Ares Games - stay tuned!

http://www.aresgames.eu/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.