Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Howdy Folks!

I thought it would be better to just update this same post instead of making new ones whenever I have something to add, so the latest news will be farther down

Or to stay on top of things just head on over to my game's site at http://www.gangfightgames.com

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: Blackwater Gulch Rules Released!
Today I uploaded a new version of the rules with some minor tweaks and corrections. Feel free to visit the website at http://www.blackwatergulch.com to download the latest version.

Also, now that the rules are finalized for real, I've finished the print-on-demand version of the rulebook. It's available from lulu.com for $20 for the softcover and $30 for the hardcover. Even though the rules are available for free on the site, a lot of people asked for a printed option, and Lulu seemed like the best way to go. Both versions are in full color and printed on high quality paper. There's links to buy the books directly from the website, or you can click here to go right to the rules page.

Here are some photos of the books

Lastly, I'm expecting to have some drawings / sketches from the sculptor for the first few miniatures that I'll be getting produced. First will be a Bounty Hunter and a couple of henchmen. The plan will be to hopefully release 1 professional model in 1 blister (advanced, dynamic pose with optional weapons), and 2 henchmen (single-piece, mono-pose) in 1 blister each month, at first, and then see where it goes from there My first few minis will probably be coming from Pedro Ramos.

Thats it for now, more to come
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very great work getting the book out and hardbound no less!

You might have been able to save a fair bit by going softbound, which most gamers are used to. But the hardbound looks very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks interesting.

It doesn't look like there's an entry for the game on BGG, are you going to add it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oops, forgot about that. Yep, I'll add it. I was going to wait until I actually had something to show, and I guess I do now

As far as the paperback is concerned, yes that is available too. It's in the photos, it's the book that's laying down. It just doesn't stay open on it's own as good as the hardback does, but the inside pages look the same for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: Blackwater Gulch News
Just a quick update.. Things have been moving along, I have been working with a few different artists and sculptors and I'm starting to get some miniatures together. At the bottom of the post I have a WIP of the first miniature, a Bounty Hunter, and the concept art for the 2nd one, a Gambler. My plan going forward will be to release 2-3 miniatures per month. The professionals will be packaged as 1 model per blister, with extra weapon bitz so you can customize them. Henchmen will come as 2 figures per blister, but they will be static mono-pose single piece sculpts. Once I have the greens finished, it will still take a couple of months for a the production company to make the molds, etc.

I'm also finishing up the campaign add-on rules and hope to have them done by the end of the month (if I can pull myself away from Skyrim!). I'm also planning out the board game version, Cooter's Mine, which will be a dungeon crawler kind of game where you build a different board each time using a bunch of Tetris-y board tiles. That will come much later though, as I want to get the miniature production in full swing first. But it will use the same rules as the miniatures game, only the tiles will all be done with 1" squares so you don't have to measure everything.

Here's some pics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Iezzi
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those look great! Love the art work, a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
The Bounty Hunter figure is all finished and the original is being shipped to me right now.. I hope to have him produced and ready for sale in January. The sculptor probably won't get to start work on the Gambler until after the holidays.

And I just got the concept art for the Prospector miniature He'll come with weapon options for a Shotgun, Miner's Pick, Sticks of Dynamite and a Flaming Bottle of Booze Would you like to blow your enemies to bits, or just turn em into charred husks? Not sure yet at this point if I'll have him sculpted along with the Gambler, or hold off another few weeks. I need to see how long it will take to get the Bounty Hunter's molds done and figures delivered to me so I can plan future releases based on that.

I expect to have the concept art for the Doctor probably just before Xmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hey folks. It's taken a long time but my very, very first product ever is finally available!

The Bounty Hunter Gang Leader

He costs $11.49 (usd) and vailable on my site at http://www.gangfightgames.com. Also doing a 15% off new release discount for the next 2 weeks, which mostly comes out to free shipping for US folks and a little bit off for international customers.

Pretty excited now Also I have a preview on my site (in the News section) for my next model, the Gambler Gang Leader and I'll have some new character sketches to add probable next week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just a quick update, the price for the Bounty Hunter was recently dropped to $9.99.

Long story short, I'll be packaging my own minis from now on instead of paying someone else to do it, so that means I can also charge a bit less too! And the 15% off discount is still valid, until Feb 15th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Got some new artwork to share

First, here’s 2 figure concepts from Shane Tyree. First is a lawman, a deputy that will be included in the forthcoming Vigilance Committee starter set. And also a masked Outlaw, making like he’s ducking behind some cover. He’ll be included in the Clancy Gang Starter Set which will be the first set. The Clancy Gang will come with the Gambler Gang Leader, Wrassler, Gunslinger, Bandit Girl and Masked Outlaw. But more on that later, here’s the pics

Next, on my site I have these 2 big fellas on either side of the main content area, they’re an Outlaw and Lawman done by Don Ellis Aguillo. They’ll be part of the box art for the starters, and I’ll most likely get figures sculpted to match too, eventually. But here they are again, without getting cut off.

I have more artwork for the other figs on my site at http://www.gangfightgames.com and right now I’m in the process of lining up sculptors to get all 4 figures done for the Clancy Gang starter all done around the same time. Hoping to have all 4 new sculpts done by April
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.