$10.00
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up two Puerto Rico expansions online. They were listed as Expansions I and II, The New Buildings and The Nobles.

Oddly, the forest tiles are not included or mentioned in these expansions.

What exactly did I buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
I recently picked up two Puerto Rico expansions online. They were listed as Expansions I and II, The New Buildings and The Nobles.

Oddly, the forest tiles are not included or mentioned in these expansions.

What exactly did I buy?
Probably a European version or the treasure box version. See: Forests? Wondering about the Alea Treasure Chest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the english versions, but the german version from the alea treasure chest does not contain forest tiles.
Nevertheless the rules for forests are included and are surely included in the expansions you bought as well. Take a look at the rules for the forest house. You just use a turned over plantation tile as forest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is in English, BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if someone is splitting bits of the Alea Treasure Box and selling off portions of the individual games. I can't otherwise explain what I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
I wonder if someone is splitting bits of the Alea Treasure Box and selling off portions of the individual games. I can't otherwise explain what I received.
The link I posted above suggests that the expansion in the English version of the treasure box does not have forest tiles. Also splitting the treasure box is very common practice as very few people want all of the stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's a parted out Treasure Chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original (German) version of expansion I never needed forest tiles: the plantation tiles are flipped over to the green side.

They are not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haven
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new Puerto Rico: Anniversary Edition both expansions are included and no forest tiles are included. I would assume that you would use the back of the existing plantation tiles for the need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.