Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the offer! Best wishes to you and yours.

I will guess Attika because I remember my old group in Texas playing it a lot when it came out and we enjoyed it, and I feel nostalgia for it.

Krome ĝia aŭtoro Marcel-André Casasola Merkle parolas Esperanton... li aĉetis kaj portas la insignon "I speak Esperanto", kiun mi kreis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Look at my collection of games rated 7 or higher.
holy cow that is a lot of games to look over i myself am stillr ather new to the whole deal
i have been gaming with a group for over 6 years once a month and been on the geek
but it was not until some time last year or so when i went to my 1st "con" and went to a "meet up" gruop at a local library
since then i have been gaming on ave of 3 to 4 times a month with many many played games since
sI have even bought myself some games but most of these are used and i am findiing out slowly why they were sold

2. Pick the one YOU want and think that I'm giving away.
ok that was tireing
a lot to look at
but i think since most games i own i am trying to keep so i can play with my 8 and 6 year olds
Catan Card Game is my choice
there are a lot of other games that look sweet but for now ill keep it simple

3. Post your pick in this thread - adding in some comments and anything else you want to share for the holidays.

well this is pretty self evident

4. Wait until DECEMBER to find out if you've won!

oo no not December but my birthday is tomorrow don't i get a free pass
hehe

i also love random fun things and i love dice and really enjoy cards
been thinking of trying to get a off shout of some gamers to try things like bridge canasta or those type of games
at anyway
good luck to all
and have a great holiday season
even if we have been surrounded by x mas stuff at the stores for well over a month or so already and the songs are on the radio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to guess at ZÈRTZ. Why? Well, you don't appear to have played it for a long while, not do you seem to be a big fan of abstracts. Nevertheless, you've rated it a 7, so you must think it a decent game. All this leads me to think that it's something you recognise as being good but not entirely to your taste, and therefore a game you could happily pass along to someone else with different preferences.

I also need to say thanks, once again, for running this fabulous contest. It's a really nice reminder of just how generous and friendly our global gaming community is.

zombiezombieHave a happy halloween!zombiezombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 6
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden SHips and Iron Men. You seem to be enjoying certain games more than others especially railway games,roborally etc. I am much the same and would enjoy wooden ships and believe hhis would be the one that you would like someone else to enjoy. Great contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny S. Mo
Japan
Iwamizawa-shi
Hokkaido
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing better than procrastinating at work for entering BGG contests I suppose...whistle

4 hours of snore after an exhausting weekend with a sick lady and piles of work just won't do for trying to puzzle out what game you will be generously passing along for someone else to enjoy.

So guessing is where it's at and three titles jumped out at me (1 Antike, 2 Mission: Red Planet, 3 Taluva), mostly because I've had my tired eyes on them for almost a year and they have particularly interesting features (mechanisms, art, etc.). I'd love for it to be one of those, but alas, I doubt it.

Then again, it can't hurt to go with a guess that would thrill me to no end if it ended up being right.
I'll go with wild guess 3

3 Taluva

And... Thank you. I enjoyed the romp through your collection and I'll savor the delicious anticipation of the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R
Brazil
São Roque
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh,, I was guessing Tikal, but as Chris Geggus warned, I will pick another one (But I know that tikal will win whistle)
Well, next in my list is Attika! ... grrrrr ... someone already picked that one too! I am tooooooo slow

I think that Stronghold would be my nth guess (that I would like to have). It is a two player game and it did not grab your attention enough!

Thx for the contest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy" AKA tiggers
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for running the contest again - it's always fun having a stab at this and it really fits the Christmas spirit.

There are a LOT of excellent games in your collection that you've rated 7+ so choosing one isn't easy. I'm tempted to go with something that I know I'll love (e.g. Endeavor) but there are also a number of games there that I'd like to try out (e.g. Nautilus). PitchCar is high on my wishlist but gets ruled out cause I'm afraid of the shipping cost if I win.

In the end it's a toss up between two options: Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age gets tossed aside (again cause of shipping) leaving my choice - Treasure Chest (if I win it'll give me an excuse to pick up the remaining game that this set expands that I don't have; Witches Brew.

Thanks and have a great Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to guess Wiz-War.

Hello, it's great to talk with you again. I really enjoy checking in with you each year to see how you are doing.

Anyway, my explanation for this guess. I'm thinking that since it doesn't look like you've played Wiz-War recently, you might not feel the urge to have it in the collection anymore. Also, you might be eying the new version of Wiz-War, and that if you want to play it again you can get a copy of the new edition.

Did you get a chance to try Space Alert yet? I know you were hoping to. I have the new expansion which adds a lot of interesting stuff, but I think the best part is the "achievements" module. Basically, if you live through the mission you get experience points which gives you a wider variety of special powers. You can also get "meta-achievements" like writing a session report on BGG and other things.

I was also wondering why you decided to do this as a regular thread this year instead of a geeklist. It seems like it might be a little harder for you to handle the responses this way.

I hope everything else is going well for you.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Dustin

(edit: Put up a quick entry when I had time, but then updated with more detail and questions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Colosseum

NOW we know that Christmas has arrived.

This is the Thread that I most look forward to seeing appear each year. Not because there's a free game going, but more for the fantastic generosity behind it as well as the mutual goodwill that it always engenders amongst so many gamers.

And my choice is simply because I played this for the first time at a convention this weekend and was actually pretty impressed (I'd say a steady 7). Certainly keen to play it again soon.

A Merry Christmas to all - even if I am writing this on the 31st October!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:
I am going with Tikal.

Alan - see last entry on the first page. You may want to guess something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've only played it once this year, after getting the expansion, and it is the very first worker placement game I ever played, which lead me to getting Caylus (the first game I've rated a 10).

I'm thinking the game you are giving away is Pillars of the Earth.

Not only was it my first worker placement game (I ended up winning by a single point), but it was one of my first Euro games along with a few others that I played at my first convention. Lots of firsts that day!. It helped show me there is more out there than dungeon-delving, adventuring Ameritrash games (though I still love them) and really helped me search out more to diversify my collection.

Thank you for this contest once again, and though it feels weird to say this on Halloween, but have a very Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
New Haven
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will be:

The Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation

since you own the deluxe edition, you will probably want to give away your standard edition. Fantastic contest! Best wishes to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
El Grande, because Christmas is big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll guess Twilight Imperium. I guessed Railroad Tycoon every year until I missed the list and it was the prize that year. This should guarantee some lucky person will pick up TI in a couple of years when I miss this again.

I played the 1st edition way back when I was unmarried and had that much free time on any given weekend. I've heard good things about the most recent edition, but I haven't had a chance to give it a whirl. Seems like a perfect game to gather dust on my shelf for a decade until the kids are old enough to sit through it. (Starting your own game group really does require a lot of patience!)

Happy Holidays (even though I would boycott you if you were a store and were putting up decorations this early. ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on past years results, I tried to look for decently well known games that you've rated well. I was going to guess Stronghold as it's gotten some more attention recently with the new edition, but someone beat me to it. So instead, I'll guess A Game of Thrones (first edition) which you rate very well and is seeing some more attention because of the TV show.

Thanks for the contest and have an early happy holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Allen
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go with Le Havre.

I have always been very interested in this game. The one thing that has kept me from purchasing it is the longer play time. My gaming group prefers games that are quicker and simpler than this one. I am hopeful that we will eventually evolve into more complex games like this one.

Thanks for running this awesome contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will guess At the Gates of Loyang. Why? Because you probably are tired of it and I will welcome it very warmly into my home!!

Thanks for the contest!

kiss

Our Christmas traditions have changed over the years, especially since we moved away from family about 5 years ago.

We now have a barbecue on the 24th instead of the traditional "Noche Buena" meal. My daughter and husband insist on a turkey with all the trimmings on the 25th.

My daughter does an advent calendar for the month of December. We also bake (well, I do 99% of it) some Christmas cookies for Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Wouldn't want to disappoint Frumpish...
mbmbmb
Just as your contest is a tradition, me picking Nautilus and not being right is a tradition too.

I haven't been as active on the bgg side lately, so I feel lucky to have even noticed your contest in time to enter it. It is one of the signs of Christmas, even more than the Christmas displays which were already pushing Halloween out when I was shopping last night.

Of course, this is one of the good signs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that you've had some life-changing experience and are giving away your entire Man O War collection! Okay, maybe that's a "pry from my dead cold hands" situations. So, not MoW.

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, and guess Duel of Ages, and not for any particular reason but that I'v been wanting this game and it would be great to get it/win it as a gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always look forward to this my friend; thanks for continuing the tradition...

Now let's see if I can continue my streak of prognostic ineptitude...I'll take a different tack this year since my abstract strategy the past 2 years has failed...I'll take a stab this year and guess:

Lost Cities: The Board Game

I'm choosing this one because you've got both this one and Lost Cities (which you rate higher)...plus I've picked ZERTZ the last 2 years to no avail...

While our Top 10 is completely different (although Railroad Tycoon & Agricola used to reside in my Top 10), I noticed while perusing your collection that of the games in common that we've both played, we tend to rate them just 'bout the same, most of 'em within a single point...

THIS...COULD...BE...MY...YEAR!!!

But even if it isn't, it's always a good time. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Cheers,
Mitch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
   Conserve energy:    Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for doing this once again. It's always fun to come up with a guess!

This time, I'm thinking you will go with Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. You opened the contest earlier than usual, on Halloween. And you're also a big fan of The Walking Dead, as am I. I'm sure you're just drooling to infect share some zombie love with another BGG'er.

Merry Christmas, and BBRRAAAIIINNNSSS! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the contest! My guess is: San Marco. San Marco has been on my watch list for the longest time, and I would really like to give it a shot. I promise that I will give it a good home and play it regularly.

Good luck to all other participants and thanks again for the contest, keep up the Christmas Cheer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know !!! You will give your copy of plain old Puerto Rico, because you can`t wait to replace it for the new Anniversary Edition !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IzToK
Slovenia
Maribor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is Arkham Horror

I`m in luck that this year I catch your annual giveaway . Previous years I always missed it. But this year I`ll win whistle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Game it's time!

Thanks for doing this again this year. I didn't get in on your contest last year but it looks like your wife convinced you to hang on to Buffy for another year, but it's time for it to move on.

I would have guessed Dreadfleet in order to help spread the Man O War gospel (though admittedly Dreadfleet is a cousin, at best) but didn't see it in your collection as being a 7 or better.

Merry Christmas and thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.