Subject: english rules for mini-expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiri Krumbholz
Czech Republic
Jablonec nad Nisou
flag msg tools
Hi all,
the official rules for mini-expansion (board+5order markers) are available at: http://czechgames.com/files/LW_expansion_rules.pdf
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game last night and all of us really enjoyed it. A lovely game.

I also acquired a copy of this Player order expansion board with the five coloured circular pieces.

I would like to ask for some help re the expansion though:

None of us really understood - despite the rules here - what this was meant to do. It seemed to us that the choice of where you put your order marker on the planning board (as per the basic boxed game) is partly down to whether you want to take a first action or not - if you do, you place to the left and suffer less action, cards or errands.

If we use the expansion, are we not saying that where you place your order marker on the planning baord is irrelevant to which order you will place your hats in, beacuse you can change the order by placing a hat on a clock?

If so, that seems to take something away from the tough order choice in the original game. And it means you get one less hat to do another errand with. If I'm missing something, none of us could see what it was...we thought there was enough tension with the original planning board choice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question tonight, but then realized that the Player Order Board only determines turn order for placing the markers on the planning board. The order in which players place their errand boys/take action is still determined by which column the player marker was placed on.

Hope that made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
middleclassjoe wrote:
We had the same question tonight, but then realized that the Player Order Board only determines turn order for placing the markers on the planning board. The order in which players place their errand boys/take action is still determined by which column the player marker was placed on.

Hope that made sense.
Isn't this determined by the position of the first player marker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
Isn't this determined by the position of the first player marker?

Yes, unless you're playing with the player order board, in which case the first player maker is not used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this make sense to use if you are playing with two players? It just seems overly fiddly. Does it make the game better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ring Them Citadels wrote:
Does this make sense to use if you are playing with two players?

I've felt no need to use it in our 2 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan B.
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the current link: http://czechgames.com/files/rules/last-will-bonus-rules-en.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.