Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy H
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I sat down and played through this great game tonight... good fun, we both absolutly loved it. thumbsup I think we only missed one rule - the 'long month' rule where the lowest victory point player can steal talent from the other.

However, we did have a situation come up that I couldn't find where in the rules it is stated - maybe you guys can help me out.

Here is the situation:

- Player 1 is in a city that has bankrupt circus talent on the board.
- Player 2 does a performance in another city and after draws a new city card to bring the quota back up the required amount.
- The drawn city happens to be the location where player 1 is at.
- From how I understand the rules, the talent on the board where player 1 is at will get removed and a new counter is drawn and place in that location.

If the new counter is a VP counter, does the player have to leave and come back on their turn to get the VPs or would they get them regardless because they are on a city with a VP counter on it?

I hope I explained that well enough.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Rule 7.3 says "If a player ends his movement in a city with a Victory Points counter, he immediately gains that many Victory Points..." [emphasis added].

So you can't just rack up the points by being there when it appears, you would need to end your movement on the space.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
j3rm wrote:
The wife and I sat down and played through this great game tonight... good fun, we both absolutly loved it. thumbsup I think we only missed one rule - the 'long month' rule where the lowest victory point player can steal talent from the other.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game! Yes, that "long month" rule can help you catch up if you are behind...or make you think twice about grabbing that early lead.

j3rm wrote:
- From how I understand the rules, the talent on the board where player 1 is at will get removed and a new counter is drawn and place in that location.

Yes, that is correct. In most games, you won't re-shuffle the cities more than once, and most of the performances or talent left on the board from before the re-shuffle you don't really want anyway. But be wary of when that re-shuffle comes! If you are really unlucky, it could remove a two-week show that you are in the middle of. I've yet to have that happen to me, but if I know that re-shuffle is coming up, I usually won't start a two-week show, just in case.

But in most situations, if you are at a city where something is replaced, you'll almost always be happier with the new thing.

j3rm wrote:
If the new counter is a VP counter, does the player have to leave and come back on their turn to get the VPs or would they get them regardless because they are on a city with a VP counter on it?

You don't have to leave and come back to claim the counter, but you must end your movement there. So you could play a "hold" for example on your next turn and just stay there, and then collect the points. But you do not just get them. And if somebody else moves before you, they could end their movement on the same city and steal the points away from you.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not sure how I missed that, but it makes perfect sense now.

Thank you both for the quick responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
TheRook wrote:

You don't have to leave and come back to claim the counter, but you must end your movement there. So you could play a "hold" for example on your next turn and just stay there, and then collect the points. But you do not just get them. And if somebody else moves before you, they could end their movement on the same city and steal the points away from you.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ooh, nice to know about using the hold. Never would have thought of that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pushing to play this game again next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john butitta
United States
neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
We had that situation come up in a game with an even bigger twist. Player A was in Columbus for a 2 week performance. Player A played a card to complete the first week. When board was repopulated, the Columbus card came up again so the first 2 week performance counter was replace by a second 2 week performance counter!

The question: can player A complete the two week performance with the new chit by playing one more performance card or does player A need to start all over by doing the first week of new two week performance chit?

thanks - we are enjoying the game!

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

Quote:
The question: can player A complete the two week performance with the new chit by playing one more performance card or does player A need to start all over by doing the first week of new two week performance chit?

The previous performance is removed along with the player's 2-week performance marker. Then Player A needs to start all over by doing the first week of the new two week performance demand chit, if they want to continue with the new demand at all.

It could be pretty devastating, which is why I mention above my fear of starting a 2-week performance if I know that the city deck reshuffle is coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.