Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Martin
United States
West Point
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game and had a question about the grab:

Can you double up a grab to block a kick and set up a throw?

For example -
Player 1: Kick die
Player 2: Grab die, Throw die

Result:

Kick is blocked and player 1 is thrown - player 1 takes 2 pts damage.

Or

Kick lands, then player 2 throws player 1 - player 1 takes 2 pts, but player 2 still takes 1 pt.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barron
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know for sure, but I would think that makes "thematic" sense, and sense from the action/reaction flow of the game. Hopefully the Grand Master himself will show up at some point to enlighten us; but barring that, I would go with it.

I have only played a few times, got distracted by other games. I am dusting off my CF dice for the first time in several months, and taking them with me to my in-laws over Thanksgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Howerton
United States
Staunton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only use the grab to perform one of those, either blocking a kick or use with throw. But some house rules allow the grab to block and be used with a throw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kowalski
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Greetings Fu Fighters!

Yes, Neal is correct here - you may only use the grab EITHER against a kick OR in a combo with a throw. You must make the choice as which way to use it. There are clan moves within the Grandmaster Chi Battles that allow you to do both as a special move though.

Keep Fighting!
Brian Kowalski

BLUE KABUTO
www.bluekabuto.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.