$10.00
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Timeline: Every 24 hrs, something happens, excluding weekends. But, whenever the game can move on, it will.

Come play The Resistance, the game where rebels and imperial spies face off to see whose bases will be destroyed and who will go home crying like little babies.

Moderating guaranteed!

GM me if you want in!

I am taking the first 10 and then if there are more than that, split into two games.

You can also sign up on this post. Please subscribe to this thread so you don't forget to play!

Edit:

Here's how I really want to be. I want there to be ample time for everyone to discuss what they need to discuss, and then a proposal will be submitted by the leader. I believe ample time is 3 days from when leadership was given to that person. At the time of the proposal, there is a 24 hour window to get in your vote. Discussion can continue, but no votes will be changed after they are submitted to me. The window starts at the time the leader submits the proposal and ends when I receive all the votes, which should be within 24 hours if everyone checks their BGG daily, like a good geek should.

Then, after I post the results of the vote (by player), either leadership will pass and we wait for another proposal, or there is a 24 hour window to get in the mission pass/fail cards to me.

When I come on, I post the results (how many of each card), and leadership passes to the next person.

I believe the entire thing should be discussed and decided before the proposal is even made, as the proposal is really a call for a vote from the leader, and at that point, the game should move forward quickly.

Does that make sense? 3 days discussion (at most) but 24 hours deadlines after the proposal is submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Resistance - Play It By Forum!
This is probably my favorite game ever and I was this close to moderating one myself.
I'm in. If there are enough people for two games, I'll step out and moderate one if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now hoping there's enough people for 2 (so I can play!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
What time will missions be? My copy of this game from the Flash appoint Kickstarter isn't here yet so I've still never played, but I've gotten into the Werewolf community here a little and would be interested in seeing he this compares. Or, I guess, how the games are different. But I can't guarantee I'm active after 4 EST on weekdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan:

Do you know the rules?

Everyone:

Here's how I really want to be. I want there to be ample time for everyone to discuss what they need to discuss, and then a proposal will be submitted by the leader. I believe ample time is 3 days from when leadership was given to that person. At the time of the proposal, there is a 24 hour window to get in your vote. Discussion can continue, but no votes will be changed after they are submitted to me. The window starts at the time the leader submits the proposal and ends when I receive all the votes, which should be within 24 hours if everyone checks their BGG daily, like a good geek should.

Then, after I post the results of the vote (by player), either leadership will pass and we wait for another proposal, or there is a 24 hour window to get in the mission pass/fail cards to me.

When I come on, I post the results (how many of each card), and leadership passes to the next person.

I believe the entire thing should be discussed and decided before the proposal is even made, as the proposal is really a call for a vote from the leader, and at that point, the game should move forward quickly.

Does that make sense? 3 days discussion (at most) but 24 hours deadlines after the proposal is submitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions... Will proposal voting be simultaneous and in public? Will there be plot cards? And will spies have a side channel to talk in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play. I'm interested to see how a game goes when it's not my normal group...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
A couple of questions... Will proposal voting be simultaneous and in public? Will there be plot cards? And will spies have a side channel to talk in?

Why would spies get private chat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Why would spies get private chat?
Werewolves get it... (I think it hurts the game, btw.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I think it's more important in forum versions of werewolf where village gets secret info in the form of seer and similar roles. In this game, all the Resistance's info is public from minute one anyway. Plus I'm one of those people that feels Resistance has it too easy with plot cards so I'd love a chance to be proven wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All things regarding this game is in this thread or GMed to me or you're a dirty, dirty cheater.

We have 5 now by the way so the game will go on. I was saying no to plot cards but I have them available if everyone wants to play with them. This is your guys' game, I'm just here to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join. I feel like this will be difficult over the forums, as it'll be a lot harder to tell if somebody is lying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
True but you'll have a perfect "memory" for mission assignment and voting patterns. These offset each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Dan:

Do you know the rules?

I guess I can't know what I don't know, but yes. I've read a bunch of sessions, listened to that 2-3 hour podcast, etc. So I'm pretty sure I've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Morris
United States
Wallingford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a shot. I have the game but have only played once. If anyone wants to exclude me on that basis, I understand, but I'd love to play it some more.

O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-André
Canada
Sainte-Julie
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance is one of my favorite game. I can't play for the next month and a half, but will we have access to the forum as observer even if we don't play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can observe, but I would prefer you not to comment on it. I'm not going to hide the thread or anything... I don't even know how, heh.

We now have 10 players.

JoeC0
clydeiii
MasterDinadan
epicgamer
Sigafoos
SlebRittie
1awesomeguy
Dexter345
Arcesilaus
jayrosam

Keep in mind that MasterDinadan has offered to mod a second game, so we can split into 2 groups if we get enough, so everyone, keep signing up!

Edit:

Dexter said he'd join too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I also said I'd join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-André
Canada
Sainte-Julie
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I'll join. I feel like this will be difficult over the forums, as it'll be a lot harder to tell if somebody is lying.

clydeiii wrote:
True but you'll have a perfect "memory" for mission assignment and voting patterns. These offset each other.

I agree with that. This should be very interesting.

Jythier wrote:
You can observe, but I would prefer you not to comment on it. I'm not going to hide the thread or anything... I don't even know how, heh.

Good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be down with Playing a game of resistance on the forum, but am I to late? Hopefully, you can still add me if you split into two groups.

this sounds fun, Thanks for doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that makes it two groups of six (the 11 signed up plus me!) so let's see if anyone else signs up today. I'll send a gm to MasterDinadan and make sure he's really okay to mod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Well, that makes it two groups of six (the 11 signed up plus me!) so let's see if anyone else signs up today. I'll send a gm to MasterDinadan and make sure he's really okay to mod.

Sign me up!
Haven't try playing it online, looks like fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
You know there are Werewolfers already playing this via Cassandra, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.