Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Clemson 40 Oklahoma 6
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiki Topple is a fun little filler game that reminds me of Formula Motor Racing except it is more difficult to gang up on the leader. Yesterday, my 8 year old daughter asked to play and my 10 year old son joined in for a 3 player game. We played three rounds.

Image courtesy of Keith Meyers

Each round you get a card indicating which three Tikis you need to get into 1st through 3rd place.If your 1st place Tiki finishes first you score 9 points, if your 2nd Tiki finishes first or 2 your get 5 points and if your 3rd place Tiki finishes in the top three you get 2 points.

1st Round: I watch stone faced as my daughter plays Tiki Toast, killing the bottom Tiki, which just happens to be my 1st Tiki. The next turn I watch as my daughter Tiki Topples the top Tiki, which happens to be my 2nd Tiki. My son then plays Tiki Toast to finish him off. A few turns later I am left with a Tiki Toast card which I must play . . . on my last Tiki. Sigh. After the first round my daughter was winning with 9 points, my son was second with 2 and I was scoreless.

2nd Round: A basic replay of the first, except it took two turns for my 1st Tiki to die. Oh, and my daughter scored 14 points instead of 9. Total score are two rounds: Daughter 23, Son 9, Me 0.

Final Round:
The gods of fortune smiled upon me and I actually score my 2nd place Tiki. This, I discovered, was because it was my daughter's 1st place Tiki.

Final Scores: Daughter 32, Son 11, Me 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason you were "toast" is because I didn't play. Normally that honor falls to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.