$10.00
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read many reviews about Julius Caesar stating that one (very little) bias about this game is that it takes some time to remember levy location. I remember reading that some people put blocks from levy pool directly on the map face up so that you dont have to make up your brain about levy locations and can concentrate on tactics and strategies.

So Im wondering... do you do that???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
I've never done that, but it's not a terrible idea.

I usually line up my levy pool along the side of the map relative to where they would go on the map once placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I have several circular (stand up) plastic markers that are color-coded to mark various areas on the JC board.

I use blue to mark major ports, red to indicate areas where JC can build units and green to mark similar areas for Pompey. It works great and helped me understand the game and stratagy better. I also use tile spacers to mark victory point cities. The only issue is whether your opponent will want to play with these markers on the board.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed out 2 maps, one for each side, and indicated on each that sides location-specific replacements (L103C4, as an example of the Cordoba Legion #10 @ Cordoba). What's good about the mini map is, at a glance, you can see where your replacements are coming from that are bound to locations. This tends to dictate the flow of play early in the game to a small degree.

Works well for us and does not cause board clutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/7xebzp99k9/Juli...?

Use that map, it's a great thing to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, perfect. Uploaded after the fact that I had made mine. I'll be printing that bad-boy out tomorrow at work on the color printer for sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.