Subject: component quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m thinking about buying this but I like very good components (to be playable is not enough).

I don`t care for plastic minis but I do like thick cardboard and tokens with a nice production.

For instance Agricola and Troyes I consider very good but I think most things made by Alea have poor quality components.

Are the components on Amystis as good as Agricola or Troyes?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the components to be very good. No problems at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Sigh. (And chuckle.)

Your illogical, inappropriate, and continuing slamming of Alea is getting old.

We get it; Alea doesn't meet *your* arbitrary and idiosyncratic standards for "high" quality. However, in a somewhat more objective world, Alea games are actually of perfectly acceptable quality (for the vast majority of us).

So give it a rest; at this point, you are doing far more damage to *your* credibility than to Alea.

That said, Amyitis is of typical Ystari quality. You can use your vast knowledge and experience to make the appropriate judgement. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Sigh. (And chuckle.)

We get it; Alea doesn't meet *your* arbitrary and idiosyncratic standards for "high" quality. However, in a somewhat more objective world, Alea games are actually of perfectly acceptable quality (for the vast majority of us).

So give it a rest; at this point, you are doing far more damage to *your* credibility than to Alea.

That said, Amyitis is of typical Ystari quality. You can use your vast knowledge and experience to make the appropriate judgement.

Unaware of the history here. I have found all Alea game components to be at a minimum, good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkzubaran wrote:

I wouldn't say they are as good as those two games but they are a fair shake over Alea. The tiles are thick, no problems there. The cards are small and show wear relatively easily. Considering how often they need to be shuffled, higher quality card stock would have been appreciated. The cubes are small--typical size from Ystari--which fits their use appropriately, since they need to be placed in some pretty small spaces on the board (between tiles). Overall, I don't think you will be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Sigh. (And chuckle.)

That said, Amyitis is of typical Ystari quality. You can use your vast knowledge and experience to make the appropriate judgement.

zealots everywhere... in your eyes this is an attack on your sect but it isn`t, it`s only an objective way to ask for what I care in regards of component quality, and yes I want to know if the game meets MY standards of quality, do you want me to care for yours before I buy a game?
The best part is the rabid jackal that came after on a objective question saying to me to give it a rest.
I`ll be careful in the future no to hurt my precious bgg reputation, having my faceless avatar in a gaming website respected by people like you is my very first priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
tkzubaran wrote:

I wouldn't say they are as good as those two games but they are a fair shake over Alea. The tiles are thick, no problems there. The cards are small and show wear relatively easily. Considering how often they need to be shuffled, higher quality card stock would have been appreciated. The cubes are small--typical size from Ystari--which fits their use appropriately, since they need to be placed in some pretty small spaces on the board (between tiles). Overall, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thx very much for the objective answer, I always sleeve my cards so I think I will buy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
tkzubaran wrote:

Your response was dead on thumbsup. Very happy with the purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.