Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Duarte
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been enjoying the heck out of this game since acquiring it recently (and horray, it's back in print at US retailers), but one thing I've noticed with two is that none of the fruit ever seems to be in danger of running out. This avoids any of the push your luck element that is present with more players where you can't hold on to too much fruit too long without the danger of losing it all. I was thinking about trying a game with less than 18 of each fruit available..maybe 11-13 fruit or something. This would sometimes make you think twice before making that big grab of a single fruit..an element I like with more players. I was curious if anybody else has done this and found a sweet spot. Or do you all like it just the way it is with two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's how we play it - even with 3 players we reduce number of fruits, and with 2 we reduce it more. Don't remember the numbers we used. but look through this forum - this issue has come up before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We go 18/15/12 for 4/3/2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we cut down the number of fruit. Plays very well that way and a bit shorter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12 of each for 2 players. This discourages hoarding, but we still find that the 'fruit nuke' is an uncommon occurrence.

Playing with the El Razul expansion as well (the drought tiles) makes things tighter, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
We go 18/15/12 for 4/3/2.

I concur. See also the previous discussions on this point:

Less fruits with less players

2 Variants for the 2 player game

NB: The image shown below is pretty much irrelevant to the subject of this thread, but I can't help put a plug in for it. My daughter came up with the idea of taking a picture of a Finca farmer with a real fig for BGG's November "The Great Outdoors" photo contest.

A successful Fig Farmer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.