My First Carcassonne» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 3 Year Old Solo Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having promised the lad a game I had to change his younger brother's nappy, deal with my own concerns for five minutes and decided that I may as well organise a coffee for those playing the game that drank the stuff.

By the time I rejoined the lad he was half through the game, the meeples are all represented as designed.

Child: It's my turn again!
[draws card]
C: A blue man and a green man! That's my colours!
[completes a road with a green and a yellow, places both men]
C: That's a green and a yellow!
C: It's my turn!
[draws card]
Daddy: Shall we start again, can I play?
C: No, I play by myself. It's my turn. I'm red and green and blue and yellow!
D: Maybe I can have a go?
C: No, you play later.

So I retired to my newspaper and coffee and the boy saw out the inevitable red/green/ blue/ yellow victory. But happy with it.

His approach, as in a proper game, was to get points on the board as fast as possible. Completing any roads that he could as early as he could.

It's interesting for the solo experience at his age. Sharing is such a lofty, and hard to achieve, goal for three year olds that a semi-coop approach colours his usual play. If he can't benefit himself then he looks to help others in his placement. No spoiling tactics. As such, playing all sides comes naturally.

He's obsessed with the Road Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kemper
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thats great. My 3yr old loves giving me a pitty road some times but still beats me some times. I recomend trying MAX Max my kids love that one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.