1 Posts

Nuba» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
flag msg tools
With still a bit more time before others began arriving, I introduced Eric to Nuba. Nuba is another one of Reiner's 2-player games which has perhaps the most incredibly silly theme I've ever encountered in a game.

I'll quote from the rulebook: "In the Sudanese highlands live the Nuba, one of the last primitive races on Earth. After the annual harvest, all the villagers celebrate with the 'Sandai'. The highpoint of this festival is a wrestling match followed by a music competition."

"The aim of the game is to be the player to get the best musician possible to your opponent's base. To achieve this, you must move your stronger, less musical team members so that the better musicians have a clear route to their objective."

Wrestling musicians. This sounds like an episode from MTV's Celebrity Death Match Wrestling.

Well, simply toss out the theme and enjoy the game. I've described it more fully in my Visitor from D.C. article under the Outside Gaming Reports section. I find it to be a super-charged Checkers, or a watered down Chess.

I concentrated my efforts on eliminating Eric's high valued pieces, meaning he would be unable to get any of these to my back row. I also took the opportunity to eliminate his 'X' piece early, while keeping mine protected. If the 'X' piece reaches the back row, that player wins immediately. This is what I was able to accomplish as I lured Eric into moving his 2 piece next to my 'X' piece. Since pieces cannot move sideways in Nuba, this left an open path for my 'X' piece to his back row, giving me the victory.

Ratings: Greg 6, Eric 6

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.