Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
We purchased the Treasure Chest mainly for the the Puerto Rico and In the Year of the Dragon expansions. I had previously posted on the Puerto Rico expansion I building tiles errors. Whilst it could be "solved" by simply flipping over the affected building tiles over, it was nonetheless still irritating.

We just tried out the In the Year of the Dragon, Great Wall of China expansion last night and there was yet another printing error spotted. It is with the "Building the Wall" action card (top left):

For those who do not read Chinese, the words printed on the "Building the Wall" action card are jumbled and are therefore meaningless. Specifically, they are mirror images of the correct words. Compare the words with the other action cards to see what I mean. Try writing "In the Year of the Dragon" in English on a piece of paper and read it off the mirror. That's what's happening here, but in Chinese.

You can also tell it is a printing error by observing the positions of the strings at the top of the picture.

Judging from the replies I received from the Puerto Rico tiles error thread, I am assuming there are no replacements offered for this error as well.

Perhaps it is pure coincidence but to have two printing errors suggests a severe lack of quality control. shakeyukarrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I will check my copy, which almost certainly is also reversed. Of course, not being familiar with chinese characters I did not really notice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.