Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
beatrix wrote:
HilkMAN wrote:
Congratulations on being Geek of the Week, Amparo - and thanks for accepting this honorduty while relocating. Here are some questions for you (your introduction really makes it easy to think of things to ask!):

- Why did you choose Malaysia to improve your English?
- As you mention a husband, I assume you didn't travel alone? Any kids (or anyone else), too?
- What kind of place is Kota Kinabalu? Great name!
- Why did you choose the name Beatrix?
- Did you bring no games at all? Come on, you must have been smuggling some smaller things into your luggage...
- Are you planning to stay longterm or are you homesick already?
- Had you been to Malaysia before?

Have a great week!

Hilko the great game designer! thank you very much meeplemeeple

- Exactly I haven't chosen Malaysia only to improve my English, we have chosen Malaysia as we knew, we like and isn't very expensive, plus they speak English, but the truth is that they speak with a strange accent and I very difficult to understand!

- We don't have children, but we have a mother in law, and she participates in our adventure for a couple of months! You can see here, is the blog of the trip and there are some English post
http://www.beasiamyfriend.com/2011/10/cafe-con-leche-y-madal...

- Is a city that hooks a lot, as in all cities in Asia that I know, life gets in the street is tourist area between the sea and the mountains, and one of the main ports of Borneo, every day in the afternoon you can eat barbecue of fish brought in by fishermen in the boats!

- I only brought the cards of Set, we were on low-cost flight luggage weight was very limited, but certainly when I go back there any more!

- We expect about 8 -10 months, is very unfortunate, but in recent times is difficult to have homesick for Spain

- Yes, a couple of years ago we were in Malaysia and Singapore

You kind of skipped the answer to the question: Why did you choose beatrix as a username?

Oooops! sorry Hilko blush

I chose that as I said in another post, I love the character of Uma Thurman in this movie, because regardless of the backdrop of revenge, Beatrix Kiddo has the patience and planning capability of a good strategist, would be a good game board player. I also love the movie and I like the sound in English and Spanish name (Beatriz) also sounds almost the same, making it easy to remember.

is perfect! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felicidades! Se nota que te gustan los juegos!

Greetings from Venezuela!

enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luisjoey wrote:
Felicidades! Se nota que te gustan los juegos!

Greetings from Venezuela!

enjoy your week.

Hola Luis, muchísimas gracias!
I Love Arepas!! many thanks

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's time to close a frenetic and fascinating week, I've had really great time, thanks to all who has participated, thousands of thanks to all.

And of course I'll never be grateful enough to Amiguero, my friend René, because he wanted to make me enjoy this form of the BGG comunity.

As I told you this is the place that makes me feel a little closer to home, while still a little globetrotting. I hope to continue seeing you around here, especially now, celebrating a special date such as Christmas.

Also I have something to reveal ... which is the big lie!ninja
well, which has hit most, he, he, too bad I don't cook! and I like a lot, even under the blows of some boxes when they have dented.
And finally my name also appears on the credits of a Napoleonic wargame greatly appreciated! The creators are friends of mine and I helped in the print production.

I say goodbye this time leaving a small gift to wish you all the very best. A meeple-smile. meeple
I hope you like it.

Oh wait!
I haven't forgotten yield the throne to the next GotW is to increase the intrigue and excitement devil I advance that is a very loved, admired, respected and charming and he's single girls! whistle

Coming soon ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
¡FELICIDADES! beatrix.

Belated congratulations from Neuvo Mexico.

How does a nice Spanish girl end up in Kota Kinabalu?

Hope you had a wonderful week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fuck it...lets go bowling.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Amparo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salish99 wrote:
meeple

salish a big meeple to you too! meeple Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SimGuy wrote:
¡FELICIDADES! beatrix.

Belated congratulations from Neuvo Mexico.

How does a nice Spanish girl end up in Kota Kinabalu?

Hope you had a wonderful week!

Hey Sim many thanks, I'm trying to reset my life

Viva Nuevo México!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:
Thanks Amparo!

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.