Subject: Thurn and Taxis reprint coming soon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
According to Jay at Rio Grande Games, a reprint of Thurn and Taxis is coming in a couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Awesome game. Cheap price too (if it stayed the same MSRP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it include any expansions?

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Gamegrunt wrote:
Will it include any expansions?

Gg

I asked about a T&T reprint OR a T&T big box (since there is one in Germany), and he said "it will be here in about 2 weeks - just like the original" so interpret that as you will. To me it sounds like only the original game and not a big box with expansions, but I can see how it could be read differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Are you sure that's in the rules?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone theorize why the game will be reprinted? The game is now dirt cheap in Germany, at least (9 euros at Essen, and still at spiele-offensive.de). Could it be that Rio Grande produced far too few for the English market for the demand? Maybe its charm is now being discovered outside of Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Das
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not buy a German edition? The game plays in that area anyway, so that adds to the atmosphere. And you can get the expansion as well. The English rules are available online and there is no text on the cards beside the places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malak 1000
msg tools
Der Das wrote:
Why not buy a German edition? The game plays in that area anyway, so that adds to the atmosphere. And you can get the expansion as well. The English rules are available online and there is no text on the cards beside the places.

Can anyone reccomending a good source for the German editions at that price for a UK based gamer? I got addicted to Purto Rico over Christmas so I'm looking to check this out next.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Jay about the Big Box about two years ago and he replied that he has no plans to release a Thurn & Taxis Big Box. Sad times, I know, but the man's the boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.