Subject: Abbreviated Season Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I'd like to try out this variant since my only issue with the game is playtime. A bit confused by the rules though:
Regular setup:
Quote:
b. Shuffle the three remaining Tournament cards, randomly draw
two of them, and return the remaining card to the box without
looking at it.
c. Shuffle all Headline cards, randomly draw two of them, and
return the remaining cards to the box without looking at them.
d. Shuffle the four drawn cards together into one deck. Place
“The Blood Bowl” card facedown at the bottom of this deck
and place the deck

Abbreviated season:
Quote:
Prepare the Spike! Magazine Deck: Draw one Tournament card (instead
of two) and two Headline cards (instead of three).

-Do you still play Blood Bowl in abbreviated? Or does it become part of the initial draw of one?
-How many headlines do you draw? Variant rules say two instead of three but regular game only has you draw two so a bit confused on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "(instead of three)" has gotta be a misprint. A regular season is 5 weeks long: 2 random Spike cards, 2 random Tournaments, and the BloodBowl. An abbreviated season is 4 weeks long: 2 random Spike cards, 1 random Tournament, and the BloodBowl.

I wonder if the rules writer was looking at the notes for the "extended" season (which does have 3 Spike cards) when he wrote this?
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
The "(instead of three)" has gotta be a misprint. A regular season is 5 weeks long: 2 random Spike cards, 2 random Tournaments, and the BloodBowl. An abbreviated season is 4 weeks long: 2 random Spike cards, 1 random Tournament, and the BloodBowl.

I wonder if the rules writer was looking at the notes for the "extended" season (which does have 3 Spike cards) when he wrote this?
TK

I agree that makes sense -- strangely I haven't seen it addressed on here though unless I missed it. Perhaps people haven't been playing abbreviated or have just been playing with an extra game? Mode seems nice to me with the four weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet (ordered it) but I did read the rules a couple of times in the meantime, and that "instead of three" felt odd to me too, must be either a misprint or a paragraph not revised after some changes in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there abbreviated rules for two players? Is it three rounds in base game and four rounds with Sudden Death?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.