Subject: Feeding crew in first round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Every Scar
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that there is in fact no need to gather food for the crew in the first round (if more than 6 were needed), since I recall a rule that states that one cannot have negative points. So, in the feeding phase, no points are lost, and then points for building are only acquired later.

Am I right?

(Obviously, it is not very humane to let the crew starve, but there you are...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hansi
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Negative points are possible.

From the Rio Grande Games rules booklet:

Quote:
If the player has at least as much grain as the strength of his construction crews, nothing occurs. If the player has less grain, then he must lose points on the scoring track. His score may go below zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
everyscar wrote:
It seems to me that there is in fact no need to gather food for the crew in the first round (if more than 6 were needed), since I recall a rule that states that one cannot have negative points. So, in the feeding phase, no points are lost, and then points for building are only acquired later.

Am I right?

(Obviously, it is not very humane to let the crew starve, but there you are...)

Not sure where you got that. Page 4 of the rules clearly state:

Quote:
If the player has less grain, then he must lose points on the scoring track.
His score may go below zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not correct, citing:

"If the player has less grain, then he must lose points on the scoring track. His score may go below zero."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Every Scar
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, of course, leafing through the rules I realized the no-negatives came from another game.

Reading the Egizia FAQ has made me see that my group and I have been playing a version of Egizia which is slightly easier on the players in many respects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.