Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Fairborn
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering some ideas to use some of the features of the two expansions that are just sitting doing nothing (we've tried them and disliked the results, even if some features were 'cute' and 'quirky'). Specifically, my game group likes the concept of the Treachery Cards but felt they weren't implemented correctly into the game. So some ideas:

REVISED TREACHERY CARDS
The Current Treachery Cards are revised to the following. All have the effect of being Reckless Skill Checks, making them more notable and nasty when appearing in Skill Checks. (especially with the somewhat accepted house rule and Skill Check that results with a total strength of 0 or less is considered Reckless).

"Lasting Guilt" = All players draw 1 Treachery Card (minor title change to Special Destiny. Just for thematic purpose).

"God's Plan" = Shuffle 2 Treachery Cards into the Destiny Deck

"Broadcast Location*" = Roll a d8. 1-4: Place a Basestar on the Cylon Fleet Board
5-8: Place 3 Raiders on the Cylon Fleet Board

"By Your Command*" = Roll a d8. 1-4: CAG must place a Civilian ship on the Board
5-8: Roll d8. If less than the number of raiders around Galactica, damage Galactica once.

"Sabotage*" = Roll a d8. 1-3: Decrease the Jump Track by -1
4-8: Increase the Pursuit Track by +1

*: These cards simulate the effects of the Basestar Bridge randomly.

NOTE: the effects of Sabotage and Broadcast Location can be reversed if people think the names are wrong. I just think reversing the Jump Track is more "sabotage" like than "broadcasting location".

REWORK TREACHERY DISCARD + INCORPORATE TRAUMA COUNTERS
With "Sabotage" being replaced, a new penalty needs to be made for discarding Treachery Cards. Thus, anytime a player discards a Treachery Card, they gain a Trauma Token (NOTE: This has NOTHING to do with the original purpose of Trauma Tokens and does away with the Nebula Ending option offered in Exodus). These Trauma Tokens represent how suspicious people are of this character as they have openly admitted they had Treachery Cards (instead of stealthy hiding them in a skill check).

For each Trauma Counter a character has on them, decrease the difficulty of the Admirals Quarters, and increase the difficulty of Administration, by the amount of Trauma Counters on the character when targeting them. This represents how much people want the character restricted from being in control.

Each time the Fleet Jumps, all players remove 1 Trauma Counter from themselves (as society forgives them over time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Your rules are incredibly similar to Vollick1979's rules. Check them out here!

Note that they also double for a no-Sympathizer variant, so the ideal setup is 6 player, 2 Cylon. I've played in two games with them, and Cylons have won one and humans the other, with both games incredibly close.

Maybe you can join his next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Fairborn
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sweet! I didn't know someone else had done this. Checking them out now. Cheers for the heads up :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.