Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received tunnels today direct from DoW. I think there is a misprint on the back side of the tokens. For the tokens pointing up, the backside shows the above ground back and vice versa on the others.

Looking at this photo, if it is indeed a left to right flip, it is correct. But mine is not that way.

It won't be a big deal if I don't use the random set-up, and not much of an issue anyway as you just want to match colors/numbers to know what is adjacent. But iti is annoying that they printed the back 180-degrees off from the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel mulia
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
You forced me to go open mine and look Mine is the same way. Sure looks like a misprint. I guess we could play with the numbers upside down or just ignore the dark to light and focus on the arrow. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOt sure what the issue is. If they are all vice versa than wouldn't it all work out fine?

Or is that you have 246 246 with ups and 135 135 with bottoms?

I just got mine but not in the same place right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue on mine I think.

If you take the pic you have posted. Look at the front with the numbers you flip it like a page in a book then rotate 180 degrees to make it look like your pic.

This should work as described in the game. you have 123456 pointing up. And 123456 pointing down.

SO everything should be fine...or am I missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
I have the same issue on mine I think.

If you take the pic you have posted. Look at the front with the numbers you flip it like a page in a book then rotate 180 degrees to make it look like your pic.

This should work as described in the game. you have 123456 pointing up. And 123456 pointing down.

SO everything should be fine...or am I missing something.

One side has the numbers. If you just use this side (as in the preset scenarios), there is no issue. If you want random, then the backs are wrong. The numbers point UP have their backside shown pointing DOWN. Of the picture I posted, imagine one of the two pages rotated 180-degrees.

So if you flip these over to their backside and place the tokens that are pointing up on the SWU map, when you flip them over, you will have the actual arrows pointing down instead of up to the SW map.

At least they are all consistent, but the cavern symbols will never be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem. (I got mine at a FLGS.)

I figured I would just separate them by map, and then flip and shuffle them. It is a slight bummer, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
I have the same problem. (I got mine at a FLGS.)

I figured I would just separate them by map, and then flip and shuffle them. It is a slight bummer, though.

Yes, we're bummed (pissed off at our printer would be more accurate). They dropped the ball on this. Unfortunately they have so many other (bigger) issues to deal with right now that we won't get a fix. So much for German quality... yuk

We're sorry this wasn't printed the way we'd designed and asked for it.

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It never ceases to amaze me when I hear this kind of story about how game companies have no recourse when it comes to mistakes made by the production companies they have hired. I work in sales for a printing company that deals in specialty cards, and when we make a mistake we are obligated to fix it (and absolutely want to in order to keep our customers happy). Not sure how this industry has evolved so that this is the way things are, but it seems like a pretty crappy way of doing business for everyone involved. My sympathies are with you Eric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
All he got was more thankless work, from a man who ain't even asked his name. Sure, I may be the one who dreamt up the Walls and the Bastion, but the Kid made 'em real, not me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely someone from DoW had to sign off on a proof from the factory before final production, no? If so, DoW would also share responsibility. If not, then it seems like a risky business practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
When randomizing, just imagine that the black portion of your tiles is "up."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
How I desire the touch of Nothingness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even looking at it with the black side as "up", the cavern symbols are still upside down...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bias
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this from DoW. I had read about the misprint, but I still ordered it from their website because I assumed that if they were selling it and had no mention on their site about the misprint, they must have gotten new ones in that were correctly printed. Alas, I got misprinted ones as well. It's really not a huge deal, but DoW should have a notice about this misprint on their site when one goes to order them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbias84 wrote:
I just ordered this from DoW. I had read about the misprint, but I still ordered it from their website because I assumed that if they were selling it and had no mention on their site about the misprint, they must have gotten new ones in that were correctly printed. Alas, I got misprinted ones as well. It's really not a huge deal, but DoW should have a notice about this misprint on their site when one goes to order them.

They mentioned above they were not going to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bias
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
dbias84 wrote:

They mentioned above they were not going to fix it.

Yes, I see that here now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Medler
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is unfortunate. But free is free, and I just have to work around it.

The way I understand it, DoW wasn't planning to ever print any more, so once they're out, they're out. That's why there is no fix.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posh Games
msg tools
mb
Turning a bug into a feature.

If you place the tunnels so that the direction of the backside is correct, then when you flip them, they will be pointing the wrong way, as everyone says.

When the matching end is flipped, exchange the two tokens so they are both pointing in the right direction.

Doing this means that at a glance at either board, you can see which tunnels are completed and which are not. If it is pointing the wrong way, this shows that this tunnel is - as yet - going nowhere, as the other end hasn't been discovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blackman
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of Small World Realms and it has the tunnels printed the opposite or 'correct' way to the tunnel expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.