Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
When the COM first operates, it immediately gets two home tokens, in Adelaide and Sydney. Is this correct? And if these cities are tokened out, the token is place on the edge of said hex.

I'm not sure what that implies. If on the edge of the hex, does the COM block routes on its track? Is it blocked by the Adelaide/Sydney city tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"I fear threatening JC with a thumb boycott would be as effective as threatening Br'er Rabbit with the briar patch." (E. Brosius)
mbmbmbmbmb
photocurio wrote:
When the COM first operates, it immediately gets two home tokens, in Adelaide and Sydney. Is this correct? And if these cities are tokened out, the token is place on the edge of said hex.

I'm not sure what that implies. If on the edge of the hex, does the COM block routes on its track? Is it blocked by the Adelaide/Sydney city tokens?

If the COM token gets placed on the edge of the tile because the token circles are already all occupied, then treat it just as if there was in fact one more city circle occupied by the COM (it can run through the city, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
you might as well say stack it on top of the other tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"I fear threatening JC with a thumb boycott would be as effective as threatening Br'er Rabbit with the briar patch." (E. Brosius)
mbmbmbmbmb
photocurio wrote:
you might as well say stack it on top of the other tokens

I'd guess it's written as such so people don't stack them and then fuss that stacking obstructs visibility of the tokens below. Ultimately, it makes no difference how you lay it on the table as long as you play the rule correctly (we stacked them in our games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin, in case you've been losing sleep over this question your interpretation is confirmed by Helmut Ohley:
Quote:
..placing the token on the edge its no difference to lay the token on the top from the other token.
(the function as a token is the "same" as the extra-token from 1870, but no double-income) :-)
and, the 1848 token goes later in the game in a free place, its possible by a upgrade from the tile.

I hope you understand my bad english !?

Best Regards
Helmut

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! Helmut is always so hard on himself for his English, which is quite likely better than many native English speakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.