Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frizzler
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

first of all, @Ludo: Sorry I didn't contact you before posting my WotC-letter-proposal here. But I wouldn't actually send such a letter without your feedback.

So I see that Richard Garfield and Mike Pondsmith plan to contact WotC / R.Talsorian; that is probably the best way towards a reprint. Those two are more likely to convince the companies than me.

However, if their attempt should fail, I will reactivate my thoughts about kickstarter - thx for all your feedback about it.

To answer the question whether me and Ludo share the same vision: I think we do! Reactivating the game Netrunner is our goal, and a reprint would be the best for this.

SeeYa, Frizzler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
I may be slightly naive.

Haha! Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Should there be foils, rares, or exclusive cards?

Please no!

2 - How much should it cost?

Here are some examples of current card costs: Yomi was $100 for $500 cards. Magic: The Gathering costs about $100 for 500 cards in a booster box. Netrunner currently costs more than that since it is OOP. Dominion costs about $45 for 500 cards. The LotR Card Game costs about $10 for 60 cards.

I think $100 for 500 cards is a bit too much. Probably $49.99 to $59.99 MSRP would give you and the publisher the most sales/profit as it would be a good price point.

Of course this all depends on the number of cards included. I would look at the LotR Card Game published by FFG as I think their pricing model is great. I would just recommend waiting a few months between expansions like Dominion does it instead of releasing them every month.

3 - Would I buy it?

Without a doubt.

4 - Would I pre-order it?

I dislike pre-orders in general as I usually feel there is no added value to me (I'm selfish). But a Netrunner reprint would be one of the few exceptions to my 'no preorder' rule. I would definitely pre-order if it means making sure this get reprinted with a LCG model.

Please make it happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the announcement of the Anndroid: Netrunner by FFG means this project will unfortunately not happen.

More over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Blind Reality wrote:
I guess the announcement of the Anndroid: Netrunner by FFG means this project will unfortunately not happen.

More over here.

Maybe they are the same project?

It would be a big coincidence that there was a movement for a Netrunner LCG just a few months ago and now one has actually been announced. Especially, considering the game has been around since 1996!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I have to admit that I simply assumed they were part of the same effort. Anything from Wormholesurfer or Frizzler?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1awesomeguy wrote:
It would be a big coincidence that there was a movement for a Netrunner LCG just a few months ago and now one has actually been announced. Especially, considering the game has been around since 1996!

For FFG to be making an announcement like this and showing off assets, they've likely been developing this since before these revival discussions started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
EitherOrlok wrote:
1awesomeguy wrote:

For FFG to be making an announcement like this and showing off assets, they've likely been developing this since before these revival discussions started.

Normally I would say that's true, but this doesn't require game development (or only minimally); they've cut 'n' pasted the existing game, from the sounds of it. How much faster might that process be? Moreover, the originators of the revival effort have been saying for a while that something is happening, but they just couldn't divulge what it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
1awesomeguy wrote:

They've only showed off four cards and the box art so far though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
1awesomeguy wrote:

There's more in the product description page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Sexy Boy wrote:
1awesomeguy wrote:

There's more in the product description page!

Owww... lots more! Thanks for posting! I copied your link over to the announcement post as I don't think many people have seen this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan mce
msg tools
mbmbmb
Miracles do happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm in, although I would prefer it stayed in Talsorians Cyberpunk world as upposed to FFG's Android setting but as that's not going to happen I'll take what I can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As we now know that FFG owns the rights to Netrunner and is reprinting it, I am locking this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.