Popular Tags: [View All]
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fuck it...lets go bowling.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Pastor_Mora wrote:
We don't have snow-covered winters or sun-burning summers, it's like an year-long autumn.

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tiggers wrote:
Congrats Juan!

A couple of q's:

5vp What's your favourite Euro, and why?

zombie What's the longest game you've ever played?

cinnamon What's your favourite OOP game?

Thanks tiggers my a's

That would be Ys. I like smart euro games with a bluffing aspect

The first homebrew RPG campaign I mastered lasted for about 8 months, playing once or twice a week. zombie

History of the World (not the "brief" one) has a special significance to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pastor_Mora wrote:
I don't know how beautiful Buenos Aires is, but you'll probably love it nonetheless We don't have snow-covered winters or sun-burning summers, it's like an year-long autumn. Ideal for walking around the city, visiting places and hanging around here and there with your friends/SO having a coffee with tostados or a beer with picada day and night.
Yep, that's pretty much what I figured. It sounds fabulous to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliphant wrote:
I got all three right! 'Grats Juan You desrve it.

Q's

Do you ever play board games at church?

Do you ever preach over board games?

Thank you Ryan, but,
how do you know you got all three right???

A's
I don't play boardgames at church, but I'm constantly preaching people about the blessing of boardgaming. I'm a missionary for the cause!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pastor_Mora wrote:
Do you ever play board games at church?

What an idea! Even I would go to church, if they'd offer boardgaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimond
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götalands län
flag msg tools
Northern Lights
badge
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
Hey, Congrats from a fellow blue white blue cultist.

I have some questions for you:

d10-1 If you have to choose 3 companies where it would be ideal to publish one of your games which ones would they be ?

d10-2 What would you consider would be the ideal game ?

d10-3 When creating games what do you consider first: MECHANICS, THEME, TARGET AUDIENCE, BUDGET or any other feature ?

d10-4 Do you create games on demand ?

d10-5 Would you create an Ameritrash if hired or do you prefer to build EUROs or EUROtrash ?

d10-6 If you have to choose 3 Ameritrash games and 3 Euros, which ones will you pick ?

d10-7 What is your favorite game designer ?

d10-8 What are your 3 favorite Ameritrash and 3 favorite Euros ? Why ?

d10-9 And the last one: Do you know where does Cthulhu sleep ? goo

Thank you brother cultist! goo

d10-1 I have carefully chosen some publisher-fan microbadges for my profile. But I'm not that picky, if you want to publish my game, I'm onboard with your project!

d10-2 "It should be easy to learn yet have infinite strategic possibilities, give you the chance to make choices, create interaction among players and take a maximum of one and a half hours to play" two cents for anyone guessing who the quote belongs to

d10-3 Target audience almost always goes first when I design games not for self amusement. Theme is closely related to that aspect. And budget is more of a publisher's issue really. But that are just things you keep in mind during design. The true challenge comes from mechanics. robot

d10-4 I try to be ahead of demand. I put designs on people's desks even before they know they need such game. ninja

d10-5 I rather design an eurogame, but if I can handle three jobs, one of them may as well be designing for a publisher!!

d10-6 You are killing me

3 ATs? Leaving RPG/wargames aside, the Thunderstone series (the complete series, for epic thunderstone) is a sure choice. It has the perfect balance in flavor and gameplay between the duel game / VP engine extremes. Plus, I can solo it overnight. Then Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) because is the only epic game people I know are prone to play, and Race for the Galaxy for it's depth, though I usually play vanilla San Juan a lot more often.

3 euros? Again, Ys for it's metagame experience (bluffing), Macao probably for it's engine (the planning aspect), and 7 Wonders because I can get it to the table everywhere (except with you guys )

d10-9 In the room next to mine, and you wouldn't dream the chaos when he wakes up in the middle of the night crying! Imagine the darkness, the screams, you feel drowsy and confused, dissent arises within the heroes (- It's your son! - It was an hour ago, now its yours!), and you feel your sanity draining hopelessly...

Edit: forgot d10-7 Stefan Feld
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to a guy who's country had a Peron from a Herron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed you quietly leaving your 2-cents tips all over the boards I've been in, and nobody is thanking you. I was just thinking Saturday that I should write you a geekmail and thank you for scattering your kindness around. (We all seem to notice the people who put up 200bag for a good cause as philanthropists, but I'd say you are just as generous.) Then I see this post at the top of the boards this morning, and my heart warmed right up.
A well deserved recognition for a quiet kindness. I really enjoyed learning more about you in your blurb.
God Bless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A brilliant choice Troy and congrats Juan.

Questions - and apologies if they've been asked already!

trash what three games do you think all self-respecting geeks should own?

trash Given you live in the Americas what's your take on the Euro versus Ameritrash debate? (how trashy do you feel?)

trash if you had to play a game of Clue(do) with three people, living or dead or imaginary who would you choose?

trash is there a game theme that has been missed that we should have?

trash if board games had flourished in Argentina, instead of Germany, what would they look like, and what would the central mechanics be?

trash how will you celebrate being GotW in real life?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Starke
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
A brilliant choice Troy

Exactly what I was thinking! thumbsup

Please enjoy your well-deserved GotW status, Juan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
ponchera69 wrote:

Quick questions:

- Boca o River?
- Gardel o Rata Blanca?
- Kramer o Wallace?

Solo hay una posible respuesta a esas preguntas: River, Gardel y Wallace en orden Es broma, a ver que nos dice Juan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Leoni
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. I am amazed from the strenght of this community.

Congratulazioni!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
diego carando
Argentina
buenos aires
argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete wrote:
ponchera69 wrote:

Quick questions:

- Boca o River?
- Gardel o Rata Blanca?
- Kramer o Wallace?

Solo hay una posible respuesta a esas preguntas: River, Gardel y Wallace en orden Es broma, a ver que nos dice Juan

Como bien muestra mi avatar, no acepto otra respuesta que no sea River...no me decepciones, Juan, je, je....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete wrote:
Hola y felicidades qué bien tener otro castellano parlante de GW, vamos a copar este puesto

Now some questions.

a) Have you ever been to Spain or The Netherlands?
b) What game in my collection would you like to have in yours?
c) What game in my collection you dont like?
d) If you could save just three of your games... what games would you keep and why?
e) Brunetes, blondes or redheads? (boys or girls, this question is an unisex one)

And the special ones:
f) Can you recommend me a nice place to visit in Argentina?
g) I do love football and I support Rive Plate there in Argentina, do you think they will make it back to the First Division?
h) Maradona or Messi?
i) Favourite tune of Carlos Gardel (mine is "Rubias de New York")

Have fun, enjoy your week brother (and sorry for the Davis Cup final we just have won against Argentina )

Gracias Gelete!

a) I've been to both, and spent some great time there. I would go back if I could, there's so much more to be seen!
b) Caylus Premium Limited Edition. I've been waiting for the announced Caylus 3rd edition for the whole year now angry but yours is surely much much better
c) The Castles of Burgundy being a fan of Feld, this game fell somewhat below my expectations but I know I should give it another try.
d) First of all, I would save a prototype of a game I've been working on for the past 3 years (my hobbie within my hobbie). The rest I can replace somehow. But I'll keep my Haggis and Carcassonne so I don't miss the slight chance to play with my wife.
e) I think its harder for a readhead girl to reach the Venus status, but when they do... arrrh
f) There are tons. It depends on what you are looking for. We have places ranging from tropical rainforest (Iguazú) to arid lunar landscapes (valle de la luna) to inmense icepacks (perito moreno glazier) large mountains (mount tronador) unending pampas and crowded cities. Not even most Argentineans get to visit all the beauties our country has to offer in their lifetime.
g) They will. River not being in First Division is bad for business.
h) Messi, just wait and see.
i) I'd say Volver to sing, and Por una Cabeza to dance

Davis Cup... yeah, that was "totally unexpected" shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Felicitaciones Pastor!! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Suey
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
I paid imaginary currency for you to read this. Let's both appreciate this moment....
badge
Apparently, I need to like more games that start with E.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to tip every post in this thread 0.02 in honor of Mora, but man... that would be a lot of !

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I was just thinking to myself (last week) what a great member of the community Pastor_Mora is. Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I do miss an RPG microbadge in your collection, here is 8 GG go and buy one of your favorite system, class, ...

Done! Homebrew RPG fan

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:
Gelete wrote:
Hola y felicidades qué bien tener otro castellano parlante de GW, vamos a copar este puesto

Completamente de acuerdo

Muchas Felicidades Juan y disfruta tu semana

Now some questions:

1 Are you going to nominate a GfGG participant as successor?

2 How many games have you won at the GfGG?

3 How many bag have you spend on GfGG?

4 How many lotteries have beatrix won that you have participated?

5 How many items have you posted on GfGG?

6 What place in Argentina would you recommend to visit?

¡Salud!

cool

Thank you Panda

1 I cannot say ninja but I'll give you a hint ... No really, there are many very well deserving people in the lotteries, but I think it's time for the badge to jump around somewhere else. Don't worry, it will jump back to us in no time.

2 Seven lotteries, eight games. Not ready yet for having my own winnings geeklist and having Lance saying "brag, brag, brag" on it

3 Ohhh shoot! About 4656 !!!
Yeah, I know, I have problems... zombie
Those were mostly little bids for people offering free ww shipping (313 listings) thank you people! thumbsup

4 Probably all of them. I was about to change my user to Bastor_Morix following Mousey's idea wow

5 I listed two entries, giving away two games each. Those yielded 3437 according to Sol's awesome tool

6 Buenos Aires! and bring games with you! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor de Santa Maria
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
Lover of love. And euros too.
badge
I play with RED. Anything else is misery. And I don't want an old fat lady crushing my ankles with a hammer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Juan! You deserve it!
I had the pleasure to know Juan in person a couple of times, when I bought some games from him meeple, and he is truly a kind person, and a boardgame evangelist. Don't know wich one goes first!
Edit: And thanks for the Glen More recomendation. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, congratulations my friend. An excellent candidate for GOTW.

Have some questions!

d10-1What's your favourite Dominion card? Least favourite?

d10-2If you could be an occupation in Agricola, which one would you be and why? (Let's assume the Lover is prohibited, as is the case in many games)

d10-3Are you going to Essen next year? Why (Not)? What are you getting there or what would you get there if you went?

d10-4Which game, in your humble opinion, would be most improved with the addition of Zombies? Ninjas?

d10-5What's your favourite sandwich?

d10-6Which mechanic instantly spells complete disaster for a game?

d10-7Which game 'needs the right group to play' which so obviously ISN'T your gaming group?

d10-8Beer + boardgames...discuss

d10-9What do you think of the Star Wars prequels?

d10-1d10-0Eleven players turn up for gaming one night. What a horrible number! How do you ideally split them up?

d10-1d10-1What's your favourite Knizia?

d10-1d10-2Have you ever designed a game? Or even started one in secret?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
"Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."
badge
"Wash, we got some local color happening. A grand entrance would not go amiss."
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS

Enjoy your week in the spotlight!!! thumbsup

Questions:

d10-1 What is your most & least favorite game mechanic and why?
d10-2 What is your favorite game released in 2011?
d10-3 What game are you most looking forward to in 2012?

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
Pinky: "Gee Brain what are we gonna do tonight ?" Brain: "The same thing we do everynight Pinky. Try to take over the world !"
mbmbmbmbmb
My questions:

d10-0 How did you meet BGG ?

d10-1 What are the qualities of a good player ?

d10-2 What is your favorite ABSTRACT GAME ?

d10-3 Can you describe yourself as a gammer ?

d10-4 How turn computer monitor into mirror ?

d10-5 If you mated a bulldog with a shitsu ... What do you get ? whistle

d10-6 Why can't woman put their mascara on with their mouth closed ?

d10-7 Why can't donuts be square ?

Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.