Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my board had the "springs up on the sides" issue, and it pretty much drove my OCD into overdrive. I had the board out for a learning run-through tonight, and I just had to fix it. I think the problem is that the tolerance on the split running north from King's Landing is too tight, so that when you butt the north inside corners (up by the Wildling track) together, it buckles along the east-west fold down by the victory track.

I could have tried heavy books for a week, but no, not me. I took a metal ruler and an exacto with a new blade and cut the paper (from the top side of the map) that holds the two main map boards together. I sanded the edges until I got the best fit possible, then carefully applied some white glue to the sanded edges with a small paint brush.

Voila! My board is now in two parts, but no more warp. To keep the sections together, I raided an old Avalon Hill game (Outdoor Survival) for a couple of those black board clips, which I put at the on the north and south edges. For me at least, the clips are a lot less distracting than the damn warp.

Kinda hacks me that a game I've been waiting for for months had this issue.

Edit 3/5/12: I received my new board last week. It is gorgeous and lays perfectly flat. Thanks to FFG for addressing this issue. Very happy camper here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
AtlanteanConspiracy.com
badge
Calavera!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
Not the first report of this problem. Doesn't inspire me to pick the game up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi All,

It has come to our attention that some of the game boards from the initial shipment of the AGOT 2nd edition Board Game have a mis-cutting issue on one of the game board panels. This issue may result in one of the two lenght-wise seams on your game board to become slightly elevated when placed on the table, instead of lying perfectly flat as expected.

This is not a warping problem, but rather the result of a panel being cut through a tiny amount too little (less than 1/50th of an inch incorrectly). Due to this mis-cut, unfortunately, the panel may apply a small amount of undue pressure when the board is laid out for gameplay, causing a slight lift.

While only affecting a portion of the printing, it seems enough customers are affected by this issue to warrant a notification above and beyond our normal customer service means:

FFG wants you to have the best material possible when you purchase our games. I sincerely apologize if your copy of the AGOT 2nd edition Board Game may be experiencing this cutting problem. If so, please email FFG at customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com. We will gladly send you a new game board at no cost to you.

As it is not possible to spot this cutting problem with the naked eye, we have ordered a batch of replacement boards. This shipment is expected to arrive at FFG sometime in the beginning of January, and we will be sending out any requested replacement boards then. Thanks for your patience in this.

Best Wishes

Christian T. Petersen
CEO
FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding explanation and customer service!

An email will be on the way to you shortly!

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
nice response thankyou. email request sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driven by inspiration
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this very generous offer, which I will gladly take. Email is going to be send out tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Mr. Petersen,

Thanks for your swift response to this problem. I have been the beneficiary of your company's stellar customer service before, but I guess I thought a replacement board was a bridge too far, so out came the exacto. I am a huge fan of your company and its products, so please forgive me if the tone of my thread seemed harsh.

For everyone else, if you are thinking of passing on this game because of my thread, please don't do that to yourself. Game of Thrones 2 is a beautiful example of what modern game production can be, and a wonderful way to re-immerse youself in GRR Martin's world of Westeros. And as we can see, it is backed by an excellent company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the effort FFG. I had a warped BoW board that was replaced with no problems. Good company & I appreciate the great customer service I've received as well as others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know FFG is supporting this issue, I was really considering not to get the 2nd edition until a new print comes out but after reading Christian post I may want to ask Santa for this one now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
Fayetteville
Tennessee (TN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrescan wrote:
Good to know FFG is supporting this issue, I was really considering not to get the 2nd edition until a new print comes out but after reading Christian post I may want to ask Santa for this one now.

For anyone who hasn't had to deal with FFG's customer service in the past, I assure you that if there's an issue with a game, they'll take care of it. They always have, and looks like they always will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Rut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly appreciated! Great customer service. I am truly impressed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Email sent as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a request email on Tuesday but haven't received a reply - just wondering if I should have received something this soon or not?

Thanks for the great support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Jorner
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
MillertimeRC wrote:
I sent a request email on Tuesday but haven't received a reply - just wondering if I should have received something this soon or not?

Thanks for the great support!

I sent an email to the support department a couple of weeks ago about my warped board, but have not heard anything back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have just sent a request for a replacement board as well. will update when I hear back or get board.

I had a very fast and positive experience when I previously contacted them about a missing component from my GoW game and hope this interaction will be just as prompt and smooth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought it was my board for some unlucky reason! I just emailed them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I found this thread! I am going to email FFG tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the status of this?

I received a reply to my email with the same info copy and pasted into it, which is obviously outdated. It's the end of January and the reply says that boards are expected to ship in the beginning of January.. couldn't you at least update the form letter reply?

Have any of the replacements been shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
What is the status of this?

I received a reply to my email with the same info copy and pasted into it, which is obviously outdated. It's the end of January and the reply says that boards are expected to ship in the beginning of January.. couldn't you at least update the form letter reply?

Have any of the replacements been shipped?

I just got an email from them that I posted in the News forum. There was a manufacturing delay (and delay due to the Chinese New Year). The replacement boards are expected to arrive around mid-February and will then be shipped out to customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just this morning I got the automated "we got your email and will reply shortly" email. Then 30 minutes later I got the actual response asking for my details to ship out the new board (other details of that email as per others' posts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
I just bought the game yesterday and found out I have a warped board - I've just emailed FFG and am looking forward to getting a new board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hrm, I emailed on the weekend and haven't gotten a response yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I just saw this thread for the first time. I'm pretty OCD about my gaming stuff too, and so I'm thrilled to see that FFG has again exceeded expectations by going out of their way to rectify the problem. Their concern for player satisfaction is just one of the many things that make them such a satisfying company to purchase products from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
imdahman wrote:
Hrm, I emailed on the weekend and haven't gotten a response yet...

Took me two weeks to get my response. They are very busy now so I wouldn't expect immediate feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.