Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pau
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this game for the first time yesterday and we didn't have enough paper money for the 4p setup (I ended up taking some red cubes from another game to use as f25).
Did I get a defective copy? It seems strange that the game would not include enough components for the 4p and 5p setups, considering it's described as 3-5p on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willdeworde wrote:
We tried this game for the first time yesterday and we didn't have enough paper money for the 4p setup (I ended up taking some red cubes from another game to use as f25).
Did I get a defective copy? It seems strange that the game would not include enough components for the 4p and 5p setups, considering it's described as 3-5p on the box.

The game should contain:

12 x f5000
24 x f1000
24 x f500
24 x f100
24 x f25

While the rulebook says that each player gets 8 x f25, it's actually only important that each player has the correct amount of money in total.

As you can probably guess, the denominations weren't fixed until after the rules were finalised! Which is why the contents don't specify the above information...

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the same problem and, thus, have outfitted my copy with second hand poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Jornet
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidNorman99 wrote:
The game should contain:

12 x f5000
24 x f1000
24 x f500
24 x f100
24 x f25

While the rulebook says that each player gets 8 x f25, it's actually only important that each player has the correct amount of money in total.

As you can probably guess, the denominations weren't fixed until after the rules were finalised! Which is why the contents don't specify the above information...

David.

Hi David!

My copy has exactly the money ratio that you described, but in the rules apear that this total of money is 100,000 florins, but the real sum is 99,000 florins. Is the instruction book wrong?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bank size doesn't matter, also, play with poker chips ;)

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.