Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player substitutes a knight for one checker and a castle (rook) for one checker.

* The knight may move forward and backward.

*The knight may hit a point with only 2 checkers. A point defended with 3 or more is still immune.

*The knight may be hit like any other checker.

*The castle defends as 2 checkers. (A castle with a checker counts as 3 defending the point, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Shipman
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the initial placement? If each player decides where to put their own, are they supposed to decide at the same time? This could lead to an impasse. The player who decides last could gain an advantage. A specific protocol for who decides what, when, could avoid any such impasse. For example, one player places his knight, then the other places both knight and rook, then the first player places his rook, then the second player rolls two dice to make the first move of the game. Just a suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had them starting on the point with 2 checkers, but I like your idea very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd try it! Although I like the extra defense/attack abilities more than the extra movement of the knight. Forced forward movement makes Backgammon hum in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.