Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what direction I'll go in I'm not sure...but it's a start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly WWI was a stalemate and for most gamers that doesn't sit well, 6 hours gaining 1 point or 2 hexes means people walk away unhappy

I'm all over WW1, have read so much about it but still can't find an avenue to make a game about it.

I wish you well and will follow your progress
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't have to be about WW1 battles. could be about magpie crows finding the shiniest objects to steal from the dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to be tactical & trying to get to an objective. It will be bloody, fast & sad. It will get personal. Each soldier will be named. It's about hopelessness & hope. Should be a piece of cake! (not)crywhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I won't post here again...new thread & all updates will be posted for my game here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8014267#8014267

Thanksblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manfromtherock wrote:
Sadly WWI was a stalemate and for most gamers that doesn't sit well, 6 hours gaining 1 point or 2 hexes means people walk away unhappy

I'm all over WW1, have read so much about it but still can't find an avenue to make a game about it.

The same thing could be said about Battle of The Bulge or Waterloo, if you play them at the wrong scale. Zoom in enough and you will find no shortage of advances long enough to make tactical games. Not all ww2 battles resulted in very big advances, but they could still be used to create ASL scenarios.

No, I don't understand why the majority of ww1 (western front) games focus on the operational level where indeed not much happens (except for 1914 and 1918).

But I'm mostly curious what books you read that gave you that idea. I find game/scenario ideas in almost every ww1 book I read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.