Subject: Games submission queue empty? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I submit a game to the database, I always check if it it isn't already on the list of games pending approval (http://boardgamegeek.com/items/boardgame/pending). Right now, when I do so, I get a "No applicable pending board games" message instead of a list of game titles. I don't think the queue is ever empty, so I suppose it's not working properly at the moment?
Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Looks like the admins worked overtime meeple

Or we are running out of new games wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No more new games?! The horror!!!
Not likely to happen any time soon, though. Phew.

Even if they worked overtime (even more so than usual) I don't think they could've gotten that list of several pages down to zero so soon. And the users don't sleep either, so someone would've added something new already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hodkinson
Canada
Kemble
Ontario
flag msg tools
兵者,詭道也。
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Same problem in the VGG queues since last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pfeiffer
United States
Surfside Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There appears to be an issue. When I look at my submissions it lists 2 games waiting for submission into the site but when I look at the userqueue it shows no games waiting for submission. The previous listing of waiting games was probably too long to have all of the waiting games added in one day so I guess something happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven slater
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have one in the pipeline, and I only added it a few days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
It's a bug - we're working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kuriata
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Submission list is back again. However, how long does it take to accept a submission? Statistically, is it longer than a month? Or are there still some technical difficulties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel_Kuriata wrote:
Submission list is back again. However, how long does it take to accept a submission? Statistically, is it longer than a month? Or are there still some technical difficulties?

It really depends on whether it's complete on the first try or has to be returned to the submitter for more information. Also, each domain is a bit different in terms of submission volumes, and that can also affect time to process the queue. Also, holidays and vacations of the admins can be a factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel_Kuriata wrote:

Can't help you with any statistics, but I don't think any of the games I have submitted took longer than a month to review. Probably more like 2-3 weeks but that's just a wild guess as I didn't keep any notes.

In general, I have the feeling it helps if you make it as easy as possible for the admin to approve your submission. Provide as much info as you can (look on the box, in the game's instructions, on the publisher's website, maybe some other secondary information source like a reliable review site) to fill all the required fields like year of publication, designer, artist, publisher etc. If you can, provide a link that "proves" the info you are giving (e.g. a link to a box cover image that shows the info I just mentioned, or a link to the rules booklet at the publisher's website). Don't forget giving a good description of what the game is about and how it plays.

A complete, good submission might speed up the process of getting your own submission approved, and the better the quality of submissions in general, the less time the admins have to spend on returning items to the submitter for more info, which means they have more time to spend on reviewing other submissions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kuriata
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's been months... the game is stuck in Limbo forever ;).
Maybe because it's a wargame. Too bad that there isn't any feedback. A person accepting games could "tick" a box with "need more info" and a subscriber could give additional details or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.