Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else received their Pink Robot or Sharkspansion that they funded on Kickstarter. I have yet to receive it, but noticed that they are selling them on their website.
I have tried to contact Mayday and Seth but haven't a response yet.
Am I the only one in this boat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
Insert witty meta-joke here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the expansion materials on Oct. 28th. However, I didn't get the card sleeves, one of the Kickstarter incentives, with that shipment or the original game. I used the Kickstarter mail system to contact Seth about this and he replied a few days later (I sent it on a Friday and he replied on a Monday). The missing sleeves arrived later that week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Please support King of Clubs on Kickstarter at http://kck.st/15ImgTf
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
Has anyone else received their Pink Robot or Sharkspansion that they funded on Kickstarter. I have yet to receive it, but noticed that they are selling them on their website.

I saw that too. Apparently Mayday lied to all of the Kickstarter backers

Directly from the Git Bit! Kickstarter project page:

"Make her the queen of the party by breaking out a special PINK robot and action cards that are ONLY available on Kickstarter!"

"Sharkspansion which allows for an 7th player to play as the shark! This has been in the works with Dave for years and is ONLY through Kickstarter!"

On top of that, the Get Bit! Sharkspansion is only $3.95 from Mayday whereas it cost an extra $6 through the Kickstarter project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Saca_Muela wrote:

"Make her the queen of the party by breaking out a special PINK robot and action cards that are ONLY available on Kickstarter!"

"Sharkspansion which allows for an 7th player to play as the shark! This has been in the works with Dave for years and is ONLY through Kickstarter!"

On top of that, the Get Bit! Sharkspansion is only $3.95 from Mayday whereas it cost an extra $6 through the Kickstarter project!

I dug through Kickstarter and see that I missclicked the international shipping version even though mine shipped domestic and that must be why I haven't gotten the Sharkspansion. I'm sure this is all just a mistake but I can work it out with you unless I can get in touch with you.

With regard to the pink robot we only had to raise our pledge by $4 so I think the price is the same as the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Saca_Muela wrote:

Technically they were not lies. At that time I believe they were only available through the Kickstarter campaign. Did the kickstarter post ever say they would not be available again? Its quite commonplace for promos to be re-released later in other sets or sold standalone after the fact.

I'll give you that the language could be misinterpreted, but really any boardgamer collector of experience knows that its possible that a promo may be re-released later or perhaps not at all. Its a gamble that the buyer chooses to take, but really not one they should complain about after having made the choice of their own volition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We just have a few sets of expansions left and are offering them on Kickstarter as a reward for those who back Terra Evolution and want the other Kickstarter rewards they missed out on. Get Bit was only up on KS for 15 days and we have had a lot of people saying they really didn't get a fair shake at the expansions and would have backed the project if only they had known about it.

You won't find the Sharkspansion or Pink Robot expansion for sale in any store and they are truly limited items that will not be available for long, but we did have to guess how many to make in advance and had a minimum order quantity so we are offering our last few through Kickstarter and directly on our website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We just have a few sets of expansions left and are offering them on Kickstarter as a reward for those who back Terra Evolution and want the other Kickstarter rewards they missed out on. Get Bit was only up on KS for 15 days and we have had a lot of people saying they really didn't get a fair shake at the expansions and would have backed the project if only they had known about it.

You won't find the Sharkspansion or Pink Robot expansion for sale in any store and they are truly limited items that will not be available for long, but we did have to guess how many to make in advance and had a minimum order quantity so we are offering our last few through Kickstarter and directly on our website.

I'm not sure how "ONLY available on Kickstarter!" = available for sale via Mayday web site after the fact. I WOULDN'T have contributed had I known the "exclusive" rewards would be available elsewhere at a discount. Sorry, you can try to spin this any way you want, but this is just plain old false advertising, dishonest, and a poor way to do business. This is the last straw for me. You have completely lost any support I had left for Mayday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote: wrote:
I WOULDN'T have contributed had I known the "exclusive" rewards would be available elsewhere at a discount.

The exclusivity issue really doesn't matter to me, but I can understand how you could feel misled by their marketing language. However, your assertion that the promos are available "at a discount" through their website versus Kickstarter is simply wrong. You could add a Pink robot expansion to levels that didn't include it for $4 on Kickstarter, but it costs $4.95 on their website now, not including shipping. The $6 you noted for the Sharkspansion on Kickstarter was to get the expansion by itself with US shipping included. If you order the Sharkspansion for $3.95 by itself from Mayday's website now, you'll have to pay shipping on top of that, and you know it will be more than $6 total. The Kickstarter deal was the true discount. For $23 you could get the game, both expansions and card sleeves with shipping included. The base game is now $24.95 by itself, and it would cost you $36.15 before shipping to add in both expansions and card sleeves. There's just no grounds to complain about the financial side of the Kickstarter deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilben04 wrote:
shigadeyo wrote: wrote:
I WOULDN'T have contributed had I known the "exclusive" rewards would be available elsewhere at a discount.

The exclusivity issue really doesn't matter to me, but I can understand how you could feel misled by their marketing language. However, your assertion that the promos are available "at a discount" through their website versus Kickstarter is simply wrong. You could add a Pink robot expansion to levels that didn't include it for $4 on Kickstarter, but it costs $4.95 on their website now, not including shipping. The $6 you noted for the Sharkspansion on Kickstarter was to get the expansion by itself with US shipping included. If you order the Sharkspansion for $3.95 by itself from Mayday's website now, you'll have to pay shipping on top of that, and you know it will be more than $6 total. The Kickstarter deal was the true discount. For $23 you could get the game, both expansions and card sleeves with shipping included. The base game is now $24.95 by itself, and it would cost you $36.15 before shipping to add in both expansions and card sleeves. There's just no grounds to complain about the financial side of the Kickstarter deals.

Actually, the Pink Robot and Sharkspansion have free shipping from Mayday, so the total for those two items is only $8.90 shipped. Then add Get Bit from an OLGS for only $14.96 to any number of larger orders that I have placed in the nearly 3 months since the Get Bit Kickstarter project and the total for the game and 2 extra items is only $23.86. That's actually $2.14 LESS than the package through Kickstarter. So, not only was the Kickstarter marketing misleading, it also turned out not to be the best deal possible. Regardless, if an "exclusive" won't be exclusive, then don't say that it is in order to trick people into contributing money. It's misleading, dishonest, and unethical, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
These expansions do not have free shipping on our site, not sure where you are seeing that.

We are almost sold out of both of these small-run expansions so in a short while they will not be available any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Actually, the Pink Robot and Sharkspansion have free shipping from Mayday, so the total for those two items is only $8.90 shipped.

This is not correct. I went and checked it myself through their website and the cheapest shipping option was $2.38 for my location.

shigadeyo wrote:
Then add Get Bit from an OLGS for only $14.96 to any number of larger orders that I have placed in the nearly 3 months since the Get Bit Kickstarter project and the total for the game and 2 extra items is only $23.86. That's actually $2.14 LESS than the package through Kickstarter.

First, the Kickstarter deal that included US shipping was only $23, not the $25 that you imply it was. And it also included card sleeves, the value of which you are ignoring. Finally, the point I was making was that your initial assertion, that Mayday was offering the promos at a discount through their website was not correct and also that they are not selling the entire package for anything close to as inexpensive as their Kickstarter offer. Bringing in prices from third party retailers isn't relevant to that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilben04 wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
Actually, the Pink Robot and Sharkspansion have free shipping from Mayday, so the total for those two items is only $8.90 shipped.

This is not correct. I went and checked it myself through their website and the cheapest shipping option was $2.38 for my location.

shigadeyo wrote:
Then add Get Bit from an OLGS for only $14.96 to any number of larger orders that I have placed in the nearly 3 months since the Get Bit Kickstarter project and the total for the game and 2 extra items is only $23.86. That's actually $2.14 LESS than the package through Kickstarter.

First, the Kickstarter deal that included US shipping was only $23, not the $25 that you imply it was. And it also included card sleeves, the value of which you are ignoring. Finally, the point I was making was that your initial assertion, that Mayday was offering the promos at a discount through their website was not correct and also that they are not selling the entire package for anything close to as inexpensive as their Kickstarter offer. Bringing in prices from third party retailers isn't relevant to that point.

It appears that there is free shipping when paying with PayPal. That's how I arrived at only $8.90 for the two items through Mayday.

Here is my math: Through Kickstarter, Get Bit was available for $22 with Sharkspansion and free shipping. Add $4 for the Pink Robot through Kickstarter for $26 total. $26 - $23.86 (Get Bit from OLGS + extras from Mayday) = $2.14.

Regardless, the "exclusive" items WERE available outside of Kickstarter and therefore NOT exclusive. That was false advertising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought both through PayPal and there was indeed a shipping charge. You have to start submitting the order before the shipping options and charges appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.