I saw this

"SlebRittie wrote:
:

-Player 1 starts as leader
-Vote happens and fails
-Player 2 becomes leader
-Vote happens and fails
-Player 1 now uses Strong Leader to become leader again

This is a valid use of the Strong Leader card " (this was Travis's response)

Does it also follow that each new leader draws a card? So, its sort of like...when the vote fails, a new round begins?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

You only draw 1 plot card at the start of each round. So (if the game goes to all 5 missions) you will only have 5 plot cards all game. One mission = one round.

Looked under "Distributing Plot Cards" at the top of the "Plot Thickens" rules sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that example assumed either spy started as leader or strong leader was held in reserve from an earlier round.

btw, this is an incentive to use SL for the first team; taking plot cards from a possible spy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, I've been playing the plot cards wrong the whole time! Until I went and read that final sentence, I'd been assuming that "rounds" where whenever a new leader assumed command, regardless of whether a vote passed or failed. This...changes things.

Also, I'd like to point out that you'd only have 5 plot cards the entire game if you were playing with 5-6 players, as you only draw one at a time. You'd have 10 in a 7-8 player game and 15 in a 9-10 player (drawing 2 or 3 at a time, respectively).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, I'd like to point out that you'd only have 5 plot cards the entire game if you were playing with 5-6 players, as you only draw one at a time. You'd have 10 in a 7-8 player game and 15 in a 9-10 player (drawing 2 or 3 at a time, respectively).

Whoops. I didn't consider that. I wonder if I've always gotten that wrong, or have only played with the plot cards with 5-6 players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus god
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
No.

You only draw 1 plot card at the start of each round. So (if the game goes to all 5 missions) you will only have 5 plot cards all game. One mission = one round.

Looked under "Distributing Plot Cards" at the top of the "Plot Thickens" rules sheet.

AH good.. This is what i've been doing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.