5 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shattered Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: crown of emphidia - politic card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
massimiliano barucca
Italy
flag msg tools
the owner (the elected player) receives 1 VP.

if another player wins an invasion combat against the owner of the crown of emphidia, he (the winner) gets the card and 1 VP. the defeteated loose the card and 1 VP.

but

do i steal the crown of emphidia if i invade a planet with only the flag token (control marker)?
i think no.

do i steal the crown of emphidia if i invade a planet with only a pds and/or a space dock, but without ground forces?
i think yes...

but i', not sure. i need your help!

thanks,
bye
massimiliano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is condition on Invasion Combat there have to be at least one GF or MU, otherwise there would be no Invasion Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you receive the Crown whenever you successfully invade a planet belonging to that player. If you'd have to defeat a Ground Force or Mech, the player holding the Crown could intentionally move his forces off a planet in order to hold on to the card. That obviously mustn't be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have no access to TI cards, so I don't know exact wording. If it says "after Invasion Combat" it is clear that Invasion Combat has to occur.

theasaris wrote:
If you'd have to defeat a Ground Force or Mech, the player holding the Crown could intentionally move his forces off a planet in order to hold on to the card.

On contrary to your reasoning I believe that making "Ground Forces dance around galaxy" in order to prevent any other player from taking the Crown would consume many resources, CCs and time.

And I've got the feeling this was already thoroughly discussed in some other thread, so better dig and find conclusions reached there than take the discussion one more time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion Combat is not the same as just invasion - there must be opposing Ground Forces (or MUs) to qualify.

Yes, the Emphidia player could try to move his stuff around to prevent someone taking that, but doing so constantly is not a trivial task, and they could end up wasting more time to protect 1 VP that could have been used to earn other VPs instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.