Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a suggestion for the 2-player variant on High Bohn.

1. Remove all the cards they suggest. (Cocoa, Coffee, Wax, Garden, Field.)

2. Remove the Garden stores and all 1-level buildings. (So the cheapest building is 2 thalers) Once one player purchases a store, then the rest of that type are removed from the game. i.e. When one player buys a building (e.g. the soy) then all the soy buildings are removed. This matches the pattern set for other player numbers.

3. Play as per the 2-player variant in the Bohnanza pack - including the donation part - but flip the deck once. This allows for the buildings to be useful.

My wife and I played with this variant, and it played well. There are no official rules for the 2-player version of High Bohn / Plus, despite what the package says.

If you have any suggestions for these rules, please add them and we'll see if we can make up this minor deficiency in the game.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Wangler
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
great!, does ordercards work as well in your version of the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the order cards work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cvlw
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These worked well so far. We went through it once. As we play it more, if we have any suggestions, we'll be sure to post. Thanks for your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dánial í Skemmuni
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have tried this variant - with buildings and with order cards.

I must say, that 2-player Bohnanza with order cards is a must! The game becomes much more dynamic, and it's a lot of fun.

We play 2-player Bohnanza a lot, and always with the order cards!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.