Subject: Legion of the Damned - hex based iOS strategy game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*NOW AVAILABLE*

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/legion-of-the-damned/id450141...

ENTER THE LEGION

The Hudathans plan to eradicate humanity and destroy Earth. But in order to do so they will have to fight the Legion of the Damned. Enlist now and fight shoulder to shoulder with the misfits, criminals and cyborgs who are humanity's last hope.

An official game adaptation of the popular novels by bestselling author William C. Dietz, Legion of the Damned brings a new type of tactical warfare to the iOS App Store!

- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

Supports up to 4 players around the world with options for free-for-all or teams.

- CUSTOM MAP BUILDER

Design your own maps hex-by-hex and challenge your friends to battle on them.

- RANDOM MAP GENERATION

Unlimited possibilities for map configurations with endless replay value.

- 16 CAMPAIGN MISSIONS

Each introduced with beautiful hand drawn comic cutscenes complete with voice acting and sound effects.

- PASS N' PLAY

Up to 4 human and AI Bot opponents on the same device.

- 3 DIFFERENT RACES

With their own unique strategies and tactics to master.

- 12 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS

Professionally composed to make each battle that much more intense.

- UNIVERSAL IPAD SUPPORT

Built for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

FOLLOW FOR UPDATES

Facebook: facebook.com/offworldgames

Twitter: twitter.com/offworldgames

TRAILER: (fullscreen HD viewing recommended)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Version (1.0) supports iPhone and iTouch. Version (1.1) is currently in development and will be a free update that includes Universal iPad support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
Count me in! Looks good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion of the Damned is now available! Check it out here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/legion-of-the-damned/id450141...

Feel free to ask any questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your website does almost nothing to explain how the game plays. I get it has story driven campaign but what is gameplay? Howzabout a description of that :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Young
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This does look good. Positive reviews notwithstanding, I'll probably pick this up when it's available for iPad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felonious Tub
Australia
flag msg tools
I feel the same way about this one. It looks cool, but there's really not much info on actual gameplay. And for the asking price, I think I'd either like to wait for some reviews to come along or to at least get the universal build.

Edit***

Just after posting this, someone at the TouchArcade forums has put up a lengthy and thorough review giving it 4.5 out of 5.
I'm not sure on the policy about linking to other web sites so I won't, but it's pretty easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, we just put up a trailer! Check it out here

(fullscreen HD viewing recommended)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
offworldgames wrote:
Feel free to ask any questions

Well a number of posters here have asked for more details on the actual gameplay because the trailers and description on the App store give us little to go on.

Is each scenario fixed orders of battle or does the player build units?
Is there any resource management?
How does the combat system work?
Does the combat incorporate some sort of unit type counter system?

Have you thought about offering a free Lite version with a couple of missions to wet potential customers' appetite because at the moment I can't see a single customer review of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark crane
Qatar
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this and play it on the iPad. I've got no connection to the publisher. Currently I'm working through the campaign. It's a hex based tactical wargame. There are mines. You have units. They can do cool things like spot the enemy and allow your other units to do more damage to spotted units. There is terrain, and it affects play. There is some complex movement allowed. Flags to capture. I am in a hurry but will add to this later. It's sort of like ASL-lite with a science fiction theme and no tanks. Frankly, I'm surprised this game isn't getting more attention and love among the IOS crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that sounds interesting.

I'm not a big Sci Fi fan and the units/animations look a little Anime which isn't to my taste but the fact that you use the phrase ASL Lite has my attention.

I'd be keen to hear more when you have time so I can judge whether it has enough depth to keep me captivated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark crane
Qatar
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to work through the campaign and have a few multiplayer games, but there are different units with different abilities. Some units can move, perform an action (spot, shoot, etc) and then move some more, whereas others move then shoot. They have different specs and combat strengths as well. Left the iPad home today but I'll try to get something written down soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, just want to answer any specific questions you might have. We're getting closer on our universal update with iPad support (screenshots to be posted in next day or so).

Some recent reviews we've posted to our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/offworldgames)

Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Numb...

Slide to Play
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/under-the-radar-january-5-2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W

Texas
msg tools
would you be willing to give any information about your hex-based map system/framework?

Basically, did you create the hex-based tile layout from scratch or is there a framework I can look at?

thanks.

-mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Hexes have both a Movement Cost and Cover Bonus for Infantry and Armor units.

For example, Forest hexes cost 2 MP for Infantry and 3 MP for Armor. They grant +2 Defense for Infantry and +1 Defense for Armor.

Hexes can also have special effects. Hills for instance grant +1 Range to Snipers, Marshes can't be entered by Armor units, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with several prebuilt maps for 2, 3, and 4 player games.

Players can also build their own maps hex-by-hex and battle on them with friends.

And finally, you can randomly generate new maps with the tap of a button! So there's a lot of replayability here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, just letting you know that we submitted v1.1 which has retina display graphics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark crane
Qatar
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I will use it with retina pad on the iPad. Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The universal iPad update will follow up in less than 2 weeks! -- We broke them up so players waiting for retina could get it sooner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, v1.1 is now available

This update includes retina graphics as well as an in-game hex inspector allowing you to see the Defense Bonus and Movement Cost for any hex simply by tapping it!

The universal iPad update is hot on its heels too laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoTD v1.15 submitted!
Hey everyone, v1.15 has been submitted to the app store! This update will include universal support for iPad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just another heads up that we've uploaded Trailer #2 -- this one showcasing an example of the campaign voice-acting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v1.15 is now live in the app store -- this update includes Universal support for iPad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teaser for a new feature in development: cutscene viewer for re-watching any scene you've unlocked in Campaign mode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Offworld Games
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week's featured user-created map!

--

"Through the Valley of Hardship"

Two armies clash in a legion owned valley. Created by zero.

USE MAP CODE: 451

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.